Chapter 35

(Trigger warning, Homophobia, bdsm play, ploy play, degradation, dom, switch, and sub play. This chapter could be triggering for some if you are not comfortable reading such things skip this chapter).

Declan

It was torture watching her walk out with Daren and Jace. It's also torture knowing her birthday is today and she doesn't want anyone knowing. I saw it on her calendar in the kitchen that she had this next week off from tutoring. That so far is going well I am passing but I swear the only reason I am is because of the girl I just watch walk out in that tight as hell dress that eventuates all of her curves. I wanted to kiss her and show her that her birthday should mean more to her but here I am with her dogs bored all hell all because I didn't want to tell her to take me with them and make this fake dating thing real. Fuck, I chickened out when she walked in this morning and basically ignored me. I may also know her birthday because our annual trip to Hocking Hills got canceled. We went every year around this time of year and always on the 13th of July Ryan gets all moody and in a funk like he just can't have fun anymore. The second year we went he got so drunk that night that I went through his phone and saw his sister's best friends yelling at him in text about not caring that his sister spends her birthdays alone. At first I wondered what siblings did that to one another did but like my mother says not all families are like ours. In Ryan's drunken haze on year three he confessed his brothers all hate her birthday because it symbolizes a month before their mom's birthday. I may have broken on the fourth when he started bitching about how the annual trip had to be canceled because his brother's wedding shower. I went off after that telling him how mean it is to hold something like his mother dying of a heart attack was in no way her fault and that ignoring her birthday for the last 5 years is shitty to only get a text and a delivery of her favorite cake. I then also told him what Lucifer told me that not even her friends make an effort to be with her on her special day when he tries his best but he plays in charity events and is usually gone from the 4th to the 20th of July every year. He told me he sends her gifts and started sending her actual favorite cake, a vegan chocolate devil's food cake, from a bakery in North Olmsted. Did I drive over two hours for a cake, Yes but it is for the woman who has captured my heart. So, that drive was worth it to hopefully see a smile on her face.

This year he and I planned a first date for her and I. I told Daren and Jace about it but we will see if they can keep a damn secret. At first I thought they were going to tell me to back off but actually they started helping me plan this over the last two weeks. I just hope everything goes like planned even though I already know that with Mara plans usually don't go like they should. I want to keep her on track with the date but while she is away at the wedding party I have time to get her house set up for the date I have planned. I just hope she likes it after the hell of a night that I know she is bound to have. I am currently setting up the surprise party with Kendra, Jess, Nesta, Lucifer and guys from the team. "I swear I hope this plan goes well because if she doesn't fall for you soon I may lose my mind. I can't take it anymore the way you two constantly look at each other like fuck already. It's just lust once you get her out of your system you will find the one" Cameron says. He is one of the new rookies that I have recently taken under my wing to learn the ropes as we are coming up on the last year. "Yeah right like we all haven't caught her watching all of us from that porch of hers but if you really pay attention she lingers on Declan, here," Macklin says as he throws an arm around me. I laugh because that is definitely not the case at all. I am used to woman and men watching me let alone my teammates don't know that my ex-boyfriend Tim is the equipment manager for the team and it is awkward but he was something amazing until he wasn't when I said my feelings. Since then I will never tell anyone my feelings when it means revealing that I love them and the chance of them never feeling the same. Everything is set up and it starting to get closer to the time Jace said they should be back but they are not here yet.