Chapter 65

Edrian

Edrian

"There are two main entrances here, and here," Bryan said, drawing two circles on the blueprint of James Clerk's office – a profiler in the FBI dissolved from his rape charges. "If you can disable the cameras and laser beams, I think you might have a shot at it."

With my arms crossed, and my brows pulled together, I pointed to the side door on the blueprint.

"Why don't we sneak in through there? It's less risky and the chances of bumping into his employees are much lower."

"He's right," Luke said, staring at the print. "We can't let them see us, especially, if they might just end up calling the cops."

"Then this whole cycle just repeats," Cara finished. "They literally are the cops."

Bryan mulled over the suggestion for a moment, his eyes zoned onto the 2D layout of the thirty-six floored building. Then he nodded and moved to point to something on the blueprint spread out on the table when the door slammed open.

It rebounded off the wall with extreme force and echoed through the room.

"Have any of you heard from Aleia?"

Nate barged in, eyes wild with panic as he crossed the distance from the door.

My back went ramrod straight and alarms blared through my head at the frantic way Nate looked between all of us.

Lily stared at Nate warily and hesitated.

"We went out shopping with her a couple hours ago but then she went to study at Salmah's," Lily said and her eyes searched for Cara's.

Cara nodded, her voice unsure, as she asked, "What happened? Is something wrong?"

"Sam's here. Actually, her entire security team is here, but she's not."

Bryan's face hardened.

"What do you mean she's not?" I said slowly, eerily slowly.

Nate gritted his teeth and instead of answering, he clicked on something on his phone and tossed it on the table. A dial tone rang out, and with every ring that went unanswered, the temperature in the room plunged further into the negatives.

Every muscle, every vein and every tendon coiled tighter and tighter in my body until my skin itched and my eyes hazed over with a dangerous red film. If Aleia was hurt...Fuck, I didn't think even hell could save the bastard.

"Hi! This is Aleia. You know what to do. Leave a message after th-"

Nate cut the call and redialled again. It rang, and rang, and rang. It rang for what seemed like forever.

"Hi! This is Aleia. You know what to do. Leave a message-"

"She never not picks up her phone. We swore to each other if we couldn't answer the phone, we'd send at least a code text. I texted her Koalas, and she still hasn't replied Idiot like she always does."