Chapter 72

I awoke to an empty bed

Darkness swallowed the room whole and when I peeked an eye open, the red glow of Edrian's digital alarm clock glared at me. 07.38.

A frown marred my lips as I took in the cold sheets with my hand. He must've been gone for a while now. I sighed, rolling onto my back to stare at the ceiling as I thought through everything I needed to do today.

I threw the covers off of me and heat burned away at my cheeks at the single, lone shirt covering very little to be considered appropriate. The blush deepened, however, when the memory of last night came rushing back to me.

Spring draft in the room or not, it might as well have been summer with how my skin suddenly became slick with sweat.

I shook my head of the image, of that image, and went into the bathroom to take a shower and start my lazy day by washing off the sticky feeling between my legs. It wasn't until I went to plug in the blow dryer at the counter did I notice the goofy smile on my face.

I forced it down, but the giddy feeling in my chest sprung it right back up. It almost felt permanent - like I couldn't get rid of it no matter how hard I tried.

That and with a soft gasp, my eyes snagged onto the love bites and marks covering my entire neck and collarbone area up to my jaw. I frantically untucked my towel and looked at my torso to find equally dark and equally damning evidence of what Edrian and I had done last night.

I can't go out like this!

I pursed my lips in horror but then figured I could cover it up with one of Edrian's hoodies and some makeup. I quickly blow dried my hair and changed into a set of clothes before I headed back into the room.

I'd just tossed my dirty clothes and towel into the hamper, opened the blinds, and sat in Edrian's desk chair to redress my wound when the door swung open. Edrian walked through the doorway with a bag in his hand.

"Hey," I said, and my eyes drifted over to the bag. "What's that?"

He sauntered over to me and placed the bag down in my lap. "Bought some things down at the store."

I looked into the bag and arched a brow. "Did you get your period?"

Edrian rolled his eyes, muttering a 'smartass' as I laughed. I grabbed his arm and pulled him down to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you."

Edrian nodded, and I paused when I noticed the bruises and discolouration lining his knuckles and fingers.

"Edrian," I gasped. "What happened?"

"It's nothing. Just a little bruise."

"This doesn't look like nothing, Edrian," I said and pinned him with a stern look.

He sighed and I stood from the chair to get the first aid kit in the bathroom. When I returned, Edrian was sitting on the bed and his gaze shifted to the kit then back up to me before he cracked a small grin.