- Chapter 54 -

His mind races as he tries to figure out what he is going to say, but he makes sure to keep his face as normal as possible to hide his jumbled thoughts. He grins and hopes it looks natural and not like he's forcing it, trying to ignore the strain his cheeks feel as he does so. Izuku's mom bows politely, her hands placed in front of her. 

He follows, mimicking the same action, admittedly not as fluid as the women in front of him. He can feel Izuku's big green eyes watching him closely, feeling his own nervousness coming out in waves. 

'Deku, stop fucking looking at me, I need to focus!' 

The boy's eyes instantly look back down at his bright red shoes, his cheeks flushing. 

'Sorry...'  

Inko's eyes are on him in a second, a polite smile on her face that radiates with warmth. 

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Izuku's mom, Inko Midoriya, and you are...?" 

As her sentence trails off, he straightens his back, and puts his hands on his hips, trying to look as relaxed as possible. Thousands of words and names pass through his head as he answers in a split second. 

"Mitsuki Bakugou. Um, I'm that little brat's mom! He asked to go to your son's party, right? I think it's fine, as long as he is taken care of!" 

Inko's eyes widen slightly, and she smiles after hesitating for a second. He knows it isn't natural for humans to just leave their shitty brats with people they don't even know, but he fucking hopes that Inko will just let it slide this once

She doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds, before she glances down at her son, who is looking back up at her with a hopeful expression. Her mouth twists slightly before her shoulders relax due to a soft breath out, before she looks back at him with a smile back on her face. 

"Okay. That's perfect, we live just around here, the party is supposed to end around seven, so anytime you could pick him up would be perfect!" 

He laughs, hopes that it comes out relaxed, because damn it, he is almost out of the woods. He holds out a hand towards her, a normal human gesture that he has seen a number of times. 

"Then let's exchange numbers! Me and my husband will be there to pick up the little brat, no problem!" 

He ignores the fact that he has no idea how the hell he is going to pull off being at two places at once. He'll figure it out when the time comes. Inko is about to take out her phone, looking into her bag, but he quickly stops her. 

"I'll just write my number down on your hand or some shit! It's a lot faster!" 

He turns and scans the counter, spotting a marker and swiping it. Inko's eyes widen, but she holds out her arm. 

"Um, okay!" 

He gives her a thankful smile before grabbing her arm gently and writing down a fake number. He lets her arm go the moment he's done, eager to get the hell out of here. 

"Great! Well, I'm going to go... Back to my husband! See you at seven!" 

He wheels around and briskly walks back into the play area, dodging running children, before managing to find a place to change his form again and run back. Izuku is grinning at him brightly, full of energy that seems to recharge him too. 

"Kacchan! Let's go let's go! I can't wait to show you my house! You're going to love my room; I have this all might figure that can move its arms! It can also-!" 

Inko smiles down at the two of them, her eyes gleaming happily when she laughs. Izuku takes his hand, and he holds it back tightly. Izuku continues to talk about his action figure as Inko takes his other hand and leads them both towards the doors of the building. 

He stares at the glass that is only getting closer, and when Inko opens the door and Izuku pulls him through, his whole-body shudders. The sound of birds chirping and the sun on his skin, the clouds, the cars blurring past on the strip of road in the distance, the other parents walking with their kids to their cars or into the building. 

He makes sure he takes all of it in, as if it will all be gone before he can commit it all to memory. The biggest thing is that it smells so fucking fresh. No strong smell of socks, plastic, pizza, none of that. 

He can see Izuku looking at him excitedly from the corner of his eye, and he looks back at him. It's because of him that he gets to leave that shitty place. A feeling spreads through him and pierces his being. 

A need.

A need to get closer. 

A need to continue feeling the freedom that Izuku has given him.

 A need to get closer to the joy and happiness that the green haired boy just radiates. 

He needs to sedate that feeling, so he gives him more pieces of his own soul. A little more won't hurt... Inko opens the door of the black car and Izuku climbs in. He follows, sitting right next to him, refusing to let go of his hand. The feeling of need ebbs away, and he feels himself relax. 

He glares at the strap next to their seats, and Izuku shows him how to use it. 

"It's a seatbelt Kacchan, it's to help keep you safe!" 

He pulls it over his chest and buckles it with a click. Inko goes into the driver's seat after the two of them are buckled up, Izuku the only one needing a booster seat (When he asked that's what Izuku said it was). 

The car rumbles, making him hold Izuku's hand so tight he digs his fingernails into his skin. Izuku doesn't mind and looks out the window, watching as the car passes a number of things in a blur.