Week 2 (night) end: Midnight Sparring

just as I was just about to leave the gymnasium I noticed that there were lights on in one of the room adjacent to the one I had came out of, the lights weren't on before hand so someone must've came here while I was distracted. I got closer to the door and opened it out of pure curiosity, inside was a dojo style training area seeing it made me be hit with a wave of nostalgia having grown up in Japan.

"woah haven't seen a dojo like this since the 1700s it's kinda spartan compared to more traditional ones..." I said as I started glancing around the room admiring everything in it, I was about to take a step into the dojo when I happened to notice that there was a sheathed katana lying next to the door.

"who left this here?" I thought as I picked the katana up off the ground, it felt light compared to the weapons I'm used to, when I picked up the katana I started to look over the sword, eventually I started to unsheath the sword and that's when I heard someone walking up behind me.

"ehm! weird goddess lady?" a familiar voice came from behind me, the voice was rather obviously that of Soji Okita. I quickly put two and two together and realized it was his sword I had in my hands.

"ah! sorry Sojiro' here you go" I said turning around and holding the sword out for him to grab.

"I said to quit calling me that the first fifty times..." Soji said before noticing his katana in my hand.

"aha! I knew I left it here, give me that!" Soji said swiping the katana out of my hands, he started looking over the sword to see if I had done anything to it.

"so ...you didn't do anything to it, right?" Soji asked unsheathing his katana, he pointed the tip of the sword at my face, you couldn't tell because of my mask but for a moment I actually looked scared.

"why would I have done anything to your sword?" I asked glancing repeatedly at the swords point hoping Soji would lower the sword, especially since it was a mere two or three inches away from my face.

"you did that weird thing---back at my match remember? what even was that?" Soji asked moving the katana even closer to my face, it was starting to touch my mask and if it wasn't for my mask I'm sure he would've sliced into my face.

"I gave you my blessing...it's a spell Lust taught me---guess I should've asked permission first before instigating your (kind of  unfair victory, shouldn't I?" I said putting my hand against the blade of Soji's katana, trying to move it away from my face.

"yeah you should've...I was losing it waiting for my match and I was sorta hoping I'd have a fair win---*sigh* it's fine now i guess" Soji said jerking the katana out of my hand slicing through my palm as a result before he re-sheathed the sword.

"you're not the gentlest man I've met..." I said staring at my hand as blood started to form droplets as it seeped out of the cut.

"yeah well- why do you wear that?" Soji abruptly asked pointing at my face, I assume he meant my mask...I admire Sojiro's childish exuberance but I guess it's expected from someone who never got to grow up...

"privacy? to control how much people see of me?" I tried to explain but in all honesty the real reason I wear the mask is... unrelated to the masks actual function.

Soji tilted his head to the side for a moment, staring at me with curiosity before smiling.
"spar with me!"

"w-what?!" I said squeezing my bleeding hand in my other, blood droplets dropped onto the floor beneath me right by my feet.