Chapter 41

For the first time, she stood at the center of the stage.

Everyone in the venue was focused solely on her.

Shin Dami took a deep breath.

The times when she had to suppress her talent flashed through her mind like a fast-moving slide show.

She had always been in the background, like a folding screen, only watching the main actors.

'Can I really do this?'

Her anxious heart was hard to conceal.

Just before the performance started, she tried to recall everything Junwoo had taught her as much as possible. She didn't want to make even the slightest mistake.

And then, when she locked eyes with Junwoo, who was leaning against the door at the very back of the studio with his arms crossed, time seemed to slow down.

Her initial puzzlement at his tired and weary face faded as she clearly saw the shape of Junwoo's lips moving as if he was saying something.

It felt like that moment stretched out endlessly.

Shin Dami's body jolted for a moment, and then she nodded slightly.

The drama centered around characters entangled in an incident without evidence, with Shin Dami as the only eyewitness.

The stage performance began with her delivering a monologue.

As she led, the other rookies followed suit.

The quality of the performance was incomparably higher than anything they had done before.

The judges and everyone present at the venue became so engrossed in the unfolding scenes that they forgot they were at a filming set.

Not only was the acting skill of the performers noteworthy, but the overall composition, storyline, and quality of the dialogue were far beyond what one would expect from a participant-led segment in an audition program.

'It would have been difficult to pull off if it weren't for the experienced NK rookies.'

Jo Sungrae found it unbelievable that all of this was orchestrated by that kid alone.

Was this drama just going to end with the mid-evaluation?

It was of such caliber that it could be presented at the National Theater without any issue.

Gu Daewon was eagerly looking forward to seeing the filmed footage as soon as possible.

'They're turning this stage into a short film.'

He dared to imagine it.

What kind of picture did that kid draw, and how did they compose such a scene?

He was worried whether the program could fully capture the kid's intentions.

Before he knew it, the mid-part passed, and as Shin Dami moved, everyone's gaze swiftly followed.

-Think about it.

Every line of the dialogue was etched in his ears.

-Why have I been keeping my mouth shut like a mute all this time?

She was gradually taking over the stage, creating a distinct difference from the beginning.

Sure, the other team members had their roles, but they were almost invisible.

Ironically, it was the other team members who had more gestures and action performances. It seemed like they could stand out more if they tried, yet somehow, they couldn't quite step forward.