25. Don't Ever Leave Me Again

1 week later

*Taylor's POV*

We're still at my Mom's house, and Ellie is turning 4 years old in 3 days time. Adam keeps trying to call me everyday, but I'm just not ready to talk to him. He shouldn't have to miss his daughter's 4th birthday, but I just didn't know what to say to him.

"Good morning honey", my Mom says, as I walk into the kitchen.

Her and Ellie are sitting at the kitchen table, doing some finger painting.

"Hi guys", I say, walking over to the kitchen table and kissing the top of Ellie's head. Ellie was missing Adam a lot. Heck, so was I. My mom rubs my arm and smiles at me, and I smile back. She had been my rock over the past week, and I'm so glad that I decided to bring Ellie here.

"Look Mommy", Ellie says, showing me her painting.

My face drops, put I quickly cover it up and smile at her. It was a picture of 3 people.

"It's great, sweetie", I say, not meaning to sound so dismissive.

"It's Mommy, Daddy and Ellie", Ellie mumbles, crawling onto my Mom's lap.
She starts to cry.

"I m-miss D-daddy", she stutters, her breathing quickly becoming unsteady.

My Mom looks up at me with sad eyes, and it takes everything in me not to start crying.

I can't do this anymore.

I run out of the room and dial Adam's number on my phone.

He picks up on the second ring.

"Hello, Taylor?", his Scottish accent is strong on the phone, and he sounds exhausted.

"We miss you Adam", I cry.

*********

6 hours later, Ellie is taking a nap when there's a knock on the door. My Mom goes to answer it, and I follow her eagerly into the foyer, knowing who's at the door.

There he is.

Adam is standing sheepishly at the front door, with his luggage behind him.

I don't say anything. I just run to him and hug him. He picks me up and spins me around, showering me with kisses.

"Don't ever leave me again, Tay", he whispers. "I was so worried. I had no idea where you guys were", he says, the sadness clear in his voice.

I had told him to come to my Mom's house when we spoke on the phone, and he had taken the first flight out to Nashville.

"I'm sorry, I mumble, into his chest, happy tears falling from my eyes.

"You shouldn't have to be sorry for anything. I was a jerk, and I didn't mean anything that I said", he sighs, inhaling my scent.

"I know", I whisper. "Adam?", I continue.

"Mmm?", he says, taking my face in his hands and looking down at me.

"I'm pregnant", I whisper.

---------------------------------------------

oooooh