Chapter 5{Cameo}

Unedited

It was reception today and she heard that he was arriving and will be attending the function. She was taking some more time to get ready now aware of the reason but denying it herself. Complimenting herself with whatever maquillage she had but used it in good limited proportion or else she knew people are born to talk. Today she was wearing a matt golden dress that tributed her orbs in a foreign way.

They approached the hotel and mingled with her cliques simultaneously letting her vision to roam around to do a quick scan but every time it came back defeated.

'So, hows the Uni',she jumped at the voice of her cousin.

' You okay?'

'Yeah, you were saying something'

'About the Uni, hows it going girl'

'Its good', it was a norm now, same old questions with same old answers.

'you sure you're okay cause you look a bit carried away'

'I'm fine', she was getting frustrated now and this light chatter was now getting on her nerves.

In a flash, she felt him before she saw him. Without even glancing, she knew he was here.

And in a minute, he ate the distance towards her table in quick long strides.

'Assalam-o-alaikum everyone', he greeted everyone at the table that included her too to which everyone replied.

God! She could already feel her synapses frying wait what, was this just a cameo.

Now he was with her father talking to him and in next minute Fatima was by his side. What is going on..? She got all this dolled up and he didn't even glanced in her way. 

Fire was starting in her heart by now. WHY..

Why he didn't even look at her?

Why was Fatima talking to him?

Why he was talking to Fatima?

Why is this foreign feeling settling in the pit of her stomach?

And alot of whys were now clouding her mind and now she could feel misty smoke gathering around her, numbing her senses. She needed to compose herself and she did it. It was the least she could do to save herself from the questions. 

By now Fatima got full co-operation of Dawood.

They were talking and she was fuming.

By the time they reached home and retired to their rooms. She couldn't figure out it but atlast when she slept her space knew that little Hoore was suffering from a disease uonanymous to everyone as jealousy