Chapter 28

Unedited

********

When they got back he was fats asleep. Umar gave him to his mother. And now he and Dawood were sitting in the car.

'Where to sir?', Umar asked lighting up the atmosphere.

'Baba'

I knew it.

************

'You need to give her some time.', he said smiling at him warmly.

'But she looked so determined.', he was restless.

'At least you met her.'

'Just for a little while.'

'Atleast you both are under the same sky.'

'Yet so far.', nothing was calming him.

'No my boy, you need to slow down your horses.'

'I definitely need a unicorn.'

He laughed at his restless state. 

'You're so head over heels.'

'And I didn't confess that.'

'Wait what? Then what did you say?', he was now ticked because he has known his behavior.

'I messed it up.', he gave a defeated look.

And he told him about today's events. Baba was surprised and not surprised at the same time. Dawood really messed it up.

'You shouldn't have been so outrageous.', he said softly not battering him with his anger. 

After all these years he met her and now he just pulled his own world upside down by his own hands.

I know. But she acted so complicated.'

'She is not complicated that's what you are.', he said cutting him taking him by surprise. Dawood never saw that look in his eyes for him. He now realized he really messed it up.

'One's tongue has neither bone nor poison. However, it depends on one's words that, what and how he employs it, which might or might not become bone and poison.', he said looking away from him.

'I must keep my mouth shut more often.', he was embarrassed.

'What about your kid.?', he asked out of nowhere after some break of good 20 minutes.

'Daniyal, he's five.', he said with glistening eyes.

'You need to be more specific with your tongue next time Dawood.', he said looking straight in his eyes.

'Just sleep here Dadoo its late.', Umar entered the lounge with some shoppers in his hands and got into the kitchen.

'Yeah I was thinking the same.'

Umar came out loading the food on to the platters.

'Didn't you have dinner?', baba asked from his place.

'I don't know about him but I'm very hungry.', Umar said with his mouth full.

'Go you must be hungry too.', he gestured towards Dawood.

'No its too late now I'll---'

'Ohh no he's full. Nay?', Umar said winking his way.

'Hmm?'

Both baba and Dawood looked at each other in confusion.

'He has seen her he's all full with her__'