Chapter 6{Rolling in the Deep}

unedited

It is different when realization showers upon you. You know you have fallen in the deep but you don't know what should be your next step.

There was nothing she could do now. She knew it was possible to end her dear life now than to end this journey. Journey which only swerved around the radius of Dawood

Dawood
Even his name felt like some fragment of air, so close yet so far-flung to grasp.

She knew what she had to do. She needed to be patient. And that she was. Quiet good.

Its been five years. five years to

last time she saw him

last time she felt a pang of jealousy.

She was 20 and he was 25, but now she is 25 and in this span of 5 years she did whatever it took to secure him for her from Allah...

She wasn't quite a good Muslimah but her passion for him made her.

She was'nt quite a good person but her desire for him made her..

Now he was coming back to satiate her eyes. Coming to meet her father. It had been so long. These Five years seemed to take toll on her.

He was here. Right infront of her. Lounging on the sofa adjacent to the one where her father was.

He now looked a bit mature, muscular and there were bags under his eyes. She wondered from how long he haven't  taken a good sleep. It was work, that's what all he talked about all the time.

He stayed for exactly forty three minutes and in these forty three minutes she memorized how many times he smiled, what he spoke. She even learned his features, the way he moved his hands to express his words as he spoke quite little. He was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt which enhanced his biceps.

And now he was gone. She got to know that he was shifting his whole business to Islamabad from Karachi and will be living one block away from her place. That was....Fantastic.
After five years, Allah somehow listened to her prayers and now he was granting. so what if it was trivial. That relieved her a bit.

*****

A week later she heard he has shifted.

Superb.

But what next. She didn't knew but what she knew was eating her, Fatima.

'Assalam-o-alaikum everyone', that was Fatima,
why is she on earth?

'Walaikum Assalam, how are you', she said as if bored to death.

'Good good, I was around so thought to meet you too'

'Around? where?', well that piqued her interest.

'At Dawood's place, he needed some help with his interior designs'

'Ohh', that is all what she could manage. God, why does she have to be a damn interior designer.

'Coffee?'

'Ohh no I'm full we just had lunch'

'We?'

'God Hoore where are you.. I just told you I was at Dawood's place so obviously me and Dawood had a lunch'

'Yeah, sorry, I was jus...'

'Look he gave it to me', she was now looking at her delicate wrist on which a beautiful sleak bracelet was wrapped around.

'Wow, thats beautiful', she was definitely doing it on purpose, she knew she liked him that's why Fatima was trying to.. wait what, really, she was not that obvious about her private thoughts. But what if she is...

'Earth to little Hoore, do you know what I'm talking about?'

'Yeah that bracelet that looks quiet expensive'

'You are so innocent Hoore, he earns a lot, so what if he uses a bit proportion of it'

'Hmmm', now she was getting on her nerves, go away, get out, NOW.

'I'm tired now, taking your leave, bye', at least she is wise enough to get signs. Good girl. Now shooo away. Idiot.

'Allah hafiz', she said and got up to lock the door.

She let out a silent scream to evaporate some agony and in her mental note presented Fatima with some confidential quotes...

This is not supposed to be happening in her life. Is that what they call twist in the story. Well if it is then its a bad one.

At dinner she was off and so was the aura around her. By the time she reached her bed she knew what was coming. Her pillow absorbed a silent tear making room for the coming ones. But she slept, looking forward to her tahajjud prayer because she knew Allah is listening...