Chapter 18

Laugh, I tell you
And you will turn back
The hands of time.

Smile, I tell you
And you will reflect
The face of the divine.

Sing, I tell you
And all the angels will sing with you!

Cry, I tell you
And the reflections found in your pool of tears -
Will remind you of the lessons of today and yesterday
To guide you through the fears of tomorrow.  

5 Years Later

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' But no. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.  

The past is a lie. Every spring gone by could never be recovered, and that the wildest and most tenacious love is an ephemeral truth in the end.  

The years, the months, the days, and the hours had flown by her open window. Here and there an incident, a towering moment, a naked memory, an etched countenance, a whisper in the dark, a golden glow these and much more are the woven fabric of the time she had lived.  

In actual,years mean nothing. It's what's inside them.

For years she was deathly afraid of her own weaknesses, but when she closed her eyes and let herself be vulnerable to them it allowed miracles to take place. Miracles that were only alive when she accessed her BLIND faith.  

A lot can be changed in a span of a year. A thousand lives can be moulded, a lot many lessons can be learnt and life can show its unpredictability. Even so, one year is enough to prove to yourself that you are worth the struggle that you undertake just to reap a momentary fruit of that labour.  

But this wasn't just the matter of just one year. 

Her son was now a grown up 5 years old boy. He had taken after his father in features. Those twin blue orbs on that full face with a pointed nose and sharp jaw line. Never ever in her life Hoore had ever witnessed a child with such jaw line. Obviously she had seen men with that but not any child. But there you go again, he wasn't just 'any child'. He was Daniyal. Daniyal Dawood Ibrahim. That was written on his birth certificate.

Hoore didn't hid anything from him. She didn't lie to him about his father. There were times when he used to question her and one day she told him.

'Your father is alive, its just that he doesn't live'

'Why?', he asked with big frown.

'I told you I would answer your one question and don't give me that look I'm your mother', with this boy and his modes Dawood's face used to wind up in front of her.

'But I need to know, ok just one last question. Please', that last word was stretched a bit.

'Fine just say it', she couldn't help a sigh.

'Is he going to come to us or we are going to move in with him?'

'Thats not just one question'

'No thats just one question I used 'or' as conjunction to connect two sentences, just like Miss Farah told us yesterday. please just tell me'

She loved the way he manipulated her by enlightening her by his wit.

'I don't know. And thats all for today now go to sleep.'