Chapter 23{Nearer, Better}

I came to know love the moment I knew You 

I came to know love , the moment I came close to You
It's only when I remember You that i feel secure , That my heart reaches the highest degrees of faith and declare that it's pure,
I closed my heart from everyone except You ,And I started whispering knowing that You already knewwhat's there in my heart and what I've been through. .."Oh Allah,the ONE who sees secrets of hearts while we don't see You ,The Most Merciful and Forgiving ,I declare my repentance for You ...For You are the only one who loves me more than I even do love myself   

'Well now I'll leave you both to your business gossips.', Umar said lifting himself up from the sofa chair.

'Where're you going?', Dawood asked sipping his coffee.

'Work boy, he has got work to do.', Mr. Adnan said and Umar made his way out winking his way.

'So, how is life..??', Mr. Adnan asked politely.

'Life is thrilling, as always playing its games.'

'And are you playing it safely?'

'No, as usual.', he had tiredness of all the realm in his say.

' You see now however mean your life is, meet it and live it, do not shun it and call it hard names.', he said while placing the cup on coffee table.

He was eager to talk to him. Umar told him about his condition. He couldn't see the boy who grew up before his eyes shatter to pieces. He still remembered those times when Dawood used to cycle around with Umar in the lane. Dawood's father didn't use to take much interest in his kid's life but he did. 

There were times when he used to see both the boys running in his lawn laughing hysterically over nothing. He loved them. He told Dawood to call him Baba not uncle when he came once in his house with bruised knees along with shaken Umar.

He kept cleaning his little 4 years old knees while calling some soothing words. That was the time when Dawood started loving someone. 

He loved him.

He loved Umar.

He loved their house.

He loved their food.

He loved them to bits and pieces.

Umar was very young when his mother died of leukemia. And Mr. Adnan didn't marry again. He didn't want shadow of some stepmother over his son. He nurtured him with the love of whole world.

He was a psychiatrist. He knew human nature really well. He helped everyone. And it was time to help him. Help his son.

'Have you taken your day off?', Dawood said changing the subject.

He understood him. He didn't want to talk on the subject.

'Yeah, I wanted to spend it with you.', he said smiling.

'Not a good idea, you're probably going to get roast up with my shitty prattle.', he said retiring his hands at the back of his head.

'And I would love to hear that chicken's shit.', he laughed hard at his own joke and saw him from the corner of his eyes, he was smiling, but it vanished as soon as he saw it.