Chapter 16{Sometimes It Hurts Instead}

Unedited

To new beginnings
in fear and faith

and all it tinges.

To love is a dare

when hope and despair,

are gates upon its hinges.

Darkness.

That was all she could comprehend. 

It was driving her crazy yet thrusting to the peak to pluck up the courage and get out of it.

She felt as if she was a forest and a dark night of trees, yearning for some light to fill her empty vessel. But then again, the darkness always wins and its all because of being over ecstatic of being the fastest traveler. No wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Deep down this darkness somehow soothed her. Even as a child, she had preferred night over day, had enjoyed sitting out in the yard after sunset, under the star speckled sky listening to frogs and crickets. Darkness soothed. It softened the sharp edges of the world, toned down the too harsh colors. With the coming of twilight, the sky seemed to recede and the universe expanded. The night was bigger than the day, and in its realm, life seemed to have more possibilities.

Talking of possibilities, is she dead...?Or 

Still going to fight with her oh so clingy devils with copious of strings attached.

Irrevocably, light graced her with its appearance from a small slit. After some more valor she was finally able to adjust her bearings. 

She focused on a white draw curtain with a white over drapery. Wow. So simple. That was something new.  And just when she was engrossed in its simplicity a woman,  probably in her fifties entered that WHITE room with a tray in her hand. 

'Assalamoalaikum beta, how are you feeling now?', she asked politely, placing the tray in front of her while sitting on the bed.

Lethargic. She thought.

'I'm good, where are we?', she asked while adjusting herself in a sitting position with a pounding head.

'It's my home. I'm sorry you had to bear that accident. I'm really sorry. Actually she has just started driving. I've told her many times to drive carefully but-----'

And with that, realization dawned on her. Flashes after flashes.

Noor

Hospital

Baba

ACCIDENT

Tears spilled out of her eyes, cascading down her cheeks.

'I won't ask anything from you. All I can say is just take some food.',

Hoore looked into the direction of voice and her eyes met with a shade of hazel. But cold. Cold hazel.

'You were passed out for two hours. Eat now.', she said more rudely than before.

'Halima please stay calm--

'No, why am I supposed to stay calm all the time. Ask her why she was running like a nutcase?
There were many cars and all she could see was my car to batter with. Idiot', She was shouting by now.