Rock Solid

Well, I'm here, Pewter City. 

Pikachu fell asleep on the bus ride, causing me to carry him. I strolled down a dirt road when I noticed the terrain of the area got rocky. Some Diglett's popped out while Spearows flocked around.  

Up ahead, Brock should be at Pewter Gym with his family. He's the last friend I want to meet and see how's everything going. I'm not exactly going to be in my greeting mood, since of last night. That was a horrible night. A night I hate thinking about even a little.

The road formed steadily with cement trialing to a Gym. The Gym looks fairly simple with a rock architectural effect. I went ahead inside, inviting myself in. The battle area is filled with rocks bulging out of the ground with craters. To take a better look of the Gym, I went on to the battle area. 

A few seconds later, I felt the ground move.

"Wha...the-!" The boulder moved violently and made a terrifying growl. The face of the creature showed itself from underground and turned out to be Steelix.

"Whoa- Remember me, Steelix? It's me Ash!" After a while Steelix calmed itself, remembering who I am.

"It's good to see you, pal!" I smiled.

"Steelix, you okay?" Brock's voice came in from the back entrance.

I roamed around Steelix. "Hey Brock! Long time, no see!"

"Ash! How you been?!" He asked, advancing towards me.

"I've been- well I'm just glad to see you." I didn't really want to tell him what was really wrong.

"Come, let's sit." Brock guided me to the stands.

We both sat down while I placed (still asleep) Pikachu right beside me. Steelix remained in the battle area. 

Brock took noticed of my gloomy self,"Something the matter, Ash?" Asking curiously.

"...no, nothing really." I didn't look at him.

"Well, it sure doesn't seem like nothing."

"I'm sorry, I'm just. . . not okay." I admitted.

"It's alright, I'm all open ears." He assured, patting my back.

"Well, it's just Misty-"

"Did something happened to her?" Brock interrupted me.

"No, it's Misty and Gary."

"Mhm. . . ?" He assured he was still listening.

"I'm upset that they're going...out."

"Whoa- she actually did it? I mean, she told me last week, but I thought it was just a harmless crush that was going to fade." He scratched the back of his head. 

"Yeah, well, you're wrong." I laughed softly.

He chuckled also, "Are you upset because Gary is your 'rival' and don't want Misty to go out with the bad boy?"

"No. . . "

"Are you jealous because you want Misty for yourself?"

". . . no." I repeated.

"oh, come on, Ash. It had to be that reas-"

"No." I firmly repeated again.

"Don't lie-"

"I'm not." I assured.

"Then tell me! What's the real reason then?" He lifted his right eyebrow. 

This situation is weird to me. I never encountered something like this before. You would think a person who met so many legendary Pokemon can handle anything. Well, now I doubt it. I doubt my understanding how complicated a feeling or something as simple can be difficult to do. Why am I making this as hard as I think it is?

Uttering as a whisper, "I like him."

"You like who?" Not sure of what I said.

Looking straight to his eyes. "I like. . ." This is the moment when Anxiety tries to put me down. "Gary!" But I fight back just for this moment.

Taking a few seconds to catch on, "Oh. . ."

"Yeah." Looking away, embarrassed.

"Well, why didn't you tell him or even Misty before?"

"Because it didn't seem like the right time." I held my own hands, "I don't know why I'm so afraid to say specific words."  

"You gotta say something to them."

I looked at him, "It's to late! I can't-"

"Nonsense! You need to do something before this goes on any longer! Grow some Voltorbs! Just do it! " He put it bluntly.

Just like that his true personality came out. He's usually calm, but does have his moments of having a solid personality. I admire that about him, but sometimes I hate it that he's obviously right.

". . .I don't know if I can." Doubting myself.

"Come on, Ash. Why go on life feeling like you haven't accomplished something? You'll never know the untold possibilities without pursuing them."

"I know, I know you're right. What if something goes wrong. Like, he'll never speak to me again because I confessed my feelings to him."

"Screw it, better of knowing than to never know." He crossed his arms.

"You really believe I can do this?" 

Brock nodded, "You were a Magikarp, now you're a Gyarados." 

I nodded also, "I have to do this." I stood up. "I must go! Sorry to leave early but I must do this or I'll never know!" I sprinted towards the exist.

"Take care of Pikachu, please! I'll be back!" I waved 

He laughed, "No problem!"

I'm sorry, Misty, but. . . I liked him first! 

Here I come Gary!