Beginning of Fall

Currently on my way to Oak's Laboratory to go hang with the 'lovely' couple. Pikachu is on my shoulder and will be joining us. I don't want to be the third wheel in the group. Practicing on what to say and rehearsing is all I did last night. It's been stressful, even knowing it's something not to be stress about, I guess.

I can't get over the fact that she knew that I was on a journey. Lizzie would've never known that if she never meant me. The puzzle doesn't quite fit well together, like two corner pieces. There must be something I been missing. Hopefully, I'll find it before it's to late.

Making it to the Lab, I spot them in the back watching my Pokémon roam free. Seeing her smiling while holding his arm is gross to me. Gary is his usual self with the same expression I saw him the first day I arrived to Pallet Town.

Autumn spotted me, "Hey, Ash! Come over!" She waved her hand for me to come. "Your Pikachu is so cute!"

"Thanks...so, what are the plans for today?" Me casually asking.

"Well, I was hoping to have a Pokémon battle." Autumn suggested. Gary looked up to our conversation, probably interested. But didn't say anything.

It would be nice to have a battle with Gary. To see how stronger he got, "Yeah, I'll do it."

"Sweet! Come on, let's get ready for our battle, Ash!" Autumn tugged me from my shoulders.

"Wha-" I didn't mean battle you! Ugh, this is just great.

Looking back at Gary to see him discouraged a bit. Probably because of me hanging out with them, if only you knew Gary. Autumn noticed my distraction, she made sure I payed attention for her to explain the rules and stuff. Even knowing the rules already...

After she explained, "Now, let's go!" She made her way to the other side of the field. Already having a Pokeball in hand.

Alright, let's see what you got. "Pikachu, go on and let's show her who's she's dealing with." Pikachu gladly went on the field.

Lizzie then released hers, "Come on out, Marowak!" With no hesitation she already yelled her first move. "Tail Whip!"

After realizing on what just happened, I quickly made my move, "Dodge!" Pikachu barely made it out.

"Aha, so you are quick. This is going to be fun!" Lizzie smirked. "Use Tail Whip again!"

"Counter it with Iron Tail, Pikachu!" They both equally attacked each other, but afterwards still with high energy.

I really want to win this. To show Gary who's better. Looking at my right, I see him standing their crossing his arms. His expression is actually high interested in this battle. Even all my other Pokémon is watching.

Lizzie's Marowak attacked Pikachu with Headbutt when I was thinking to myself, dammit. Alright, let's get serious, "ThunderShock!" Pikachu sprang-ed electricity, but it missed.

"Bone Rush!" Marowak charged it's bone at Pikachu.

"Discharge!" Pikcahu countered with little bit of damage on Marowak."ThunderBolt!" I quickly gave another attack, throwing more damage on Marowak.

Lizzie narrowed her eyes, "Quick Attack and Bone Club!" Marowak quickly ran to Pikachu and gave brutal hit.

Pikachu still stayed strong, "Iron Tail!" Running with a iron tail he swing-ed it to his opponent.

After Pikachu missed Marowak gave another Bone Club from Lizzie's command, releasing much damage. "Is that all you got?" Lizzie smirked.

I noticed that her true personality is showing a bit. Her expression is dead on creepy. Is Gary even noticing that? No, but I do notice he's not even looking at her, but me. Wha-why is he doing that? Wait, I need to focus on the battle first. He must be expecting for me to fail, that's why he's staring at me. Well that won't happen!

"Pikachu, use quick attack to spin around Marowak. Now!"

Lizzie seemed confused a bit, but quickly got in. "Keep using Bone Club!" But it didn't work. The spinning makes a great dodging technique.

"Alright, use ThunderWave." Piakchu jolted a electrical charge and created a small tornado. Marowak being in the eye of the tornado will end this. I learned this move last year when I was training with Pikachu. It always ends battles and I keep it for special occasions.

"Don't hold back! Finish it!" Pikachu then directed the ThunderWave into the middle of the Tornado giving a fatal blow to Marowak.

A huge smoke cloud appeared in the explosion. We waited until it cleared up and thus showing that Marowak is on the ground knocked out. My Pikachu is laying down exhausted from all that power. Gary had his mouth a little open in shock I think. Lizzie was furious, but hid it when Gary walked up to her.

I snatched up Pikachu while Lizzie returned her Pokémon. "Thanks buddy, I swear you'll get some special dessert tonight." Pikachu smiled and rested in my arms.

I walked up to Gary and Lizzie to hear them talking. "I mean, he is better in you in battle-wise, but you put up a good fight, Autumn." Gary comforted her.

"Thanks, but I could've done better." Lizzie assured. I don't think so though.

"Congratulations, Ash. Maybe next time we can do this again." Lizzie plastered on a smile.

"Um, yeah. Actually maybe me and Gary can battle now..." Hopefully we can.

When Gary was just about to say something Lizzie interrupt it, "Well, for now me and Gary have to go. We have some errands, but it was just lovely to battle you!"

Disappointed, "Oh...alright. Good bye then." I looked at Gary.

"For now." Gary said while walking away into the lab leaving Lizzie behind.

"I underestimated you.You are a worthy opponent." Lizzie stared at me.

"Thanks well, I did had fun today." I lied. "Your Marowak was quite good-"

"Look, I don't like you. I was hoping that I could've won to show Gary that I'm better than you. Unfortunately it didn't happen. The only thing I want you to do is step down and don't get in my way. Oh, and don't talk to Gary. In fact, ignore him." She crossed her arms.

"Wha-no.I'm not going to do that!" What the hell is her problem? I didn't think that she's...this villainous.

Lizzie angered, "Don't you dare! I'm so tired of hearing Gary talk about you all the time! It's so annoying!" What? He thinks about me all the time? Whoa, I'm actually blushing a bit. "Stay away from him you little bastard! Or else." She walked away, end of discussion.

This is just ridiculous. What the hell am I supposed to do now? She showed her true self in front of me! And Gary talks about me...but that is besides the point. Lizzie is clearly a nuisance. Even Pikachu glared at her when she walked away. I have to think of a plan before Lizzie ruins everything. God, who knew shes this kind of trouble. It's like each leaf of a tree changes colors to show someone's true personality.I thought that Lizzie is green, but changed to yellow. A tainted color. Soon the leafs will fall down, but I don't know who is going down.

This is just the beginning of Fall.