Chapter Three: Stinging Nettle

In Victorian times, Stinging Nettle symbolized cruelty

*.:✿* *.:✿* *.:✿* *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚
Snow falls heavily onto the white ground below. The wind roars and groans, making the snowflakes dance in the wind. They do this every day and every night. Not many see their dance; those who do pay no heed. Tonight, however, a Leafeon is there to see them, her amber gaze filled with awe. She holds out her paw, watching in amazement as the snowflakes melt the moment they made contact with her paw pad.

     A large gust of wind blows through the land, causing her to shiver. Her fur is waterlogged despite the sleeping Salandit on her back. Kapua is busy playing in the snow. Kicking it around, rolling in it. He's always so positive; finding joy in everything even in the direst of situations. He blends in with the snow quite well. So well in fact, that the Pokémon they come across run away in fear because of the headless Salandit. It's pretty funny.

     While Pua was enjoying all of this snow, Leafeon was resenting it. The unrelenting snowfall covered the ground in a thick blanket that reached her stomach, matting her long fur. Like she needed more weight to drag her down. Grooming would have to wait however, she had a shelter to find. She stops to gaze up at the cloudy sky. Even if she could see the stars, she wouldn't be able to find the North Star. She would've reached that X on the map two days ago if that was the case. She probably would've been able to avoid Tidal Wave, too.

     Tidal Wave has always been a Vaporeon of his words, so of course he kept his promise and sent six Warriors after her, Pixie Cloud included. The only reason Leafeon got away with a few scratches and a dislocated leg is because of Wild Spark and Maui. Wild Spark only aided when Pixie Cloud was about to rip her throat out, though.

     Leafeon could live with limping for a while. At least nothing happened to Nightshade and Kapua. Nothing too bad, Kapua was pretty shaken up by it. He wouldn't stop crying. Luckily, Nightshade was there to calm him down until he started crying about food. That kid eats so much; that bag was practically filled with bugs but now it's nearly empty.

     They must be starving; finding bugs in this winter is near impossible. They did come across a Ribombee that Nightshade fed to her child. Even after Kapua told her she should eat it. She's lighter than her kid is now, and Leafeon can't get her to eat no matter how hard she tries. Her sickness has only gotten worse and sooner or later, Kapua is going to catch a cold. Or have another seizure. Either would be bad. Finding that Milotic is the most important thing she will ever accomplish in her life at this point.

     Leafeon sighs and walks over to Kapua, taking the map from his bag. She unfurls it and presses her paw on Lush Jungle then trails it all the way to the X. It says that there's a forest, but the area surrounding her is more of a desolate wasteland. What's wrong with this thing? Did Nightshade even get a correct map? Or maybe Leafeon just doesn't know how to read it. Whatever the reason, they're still stuck out here with little food and no shelter.