Chapter Fifteen: When the Night Danced with Fireflies

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Fog covers the jungle. Coupled with the dark clouds and the fact that the fins on Tidal Wave's face are twitching means rain is on the way. Great. Another stupid storm. Nightshade's annoyance is only furthered by the fact that it was Violet's bright idea to have a Gathering so early in the morning. Like WaveClan needs to know any of their business. At least Maui's colony is too far away from them to invite on a whim.

     This 'Gathering' has to be the quietest one yet. Nobody is talking, not even Moana. Violet and Juniper are whispering about something, but that's more of a crime than anything. Just talking secretly while your sister is right there; they could at least try to hide it. "I think they're talking about the dog," Kapua whispers. "I like dogs."

     "If they get a dog, it'll be a special dog." Nightshade crosses her arms when Juniper looks at her. "I don't need a special dog." Pua clings to her leg when thunder rumbles in the distance. "Since when are you afraid of thunder?"

     "It's loud... I couldn't sleep yesterday because of it." Good job, Nightshade. Too busy trying to keep your girlfriend then take care of your kids. "My eye is getting better." She uncrosses her arms when Kapua pipes up. "I can kinda see out of it. If I squint really, really, really, really hard!"

     Nightshade laughs lightly. "If you say so, champ." Kapua beams upon hearing her laughter. "But I'm still going to get Atticus to look at it. Unless you want to go blind." Nightshade isn't going to say it to his face, she won't even let herself fully admit it, but his eye appeared beyond saving. A cloudy film left the eye a pale, almost white color. "Does it hurt?"

     "Yeah. I can't sleep on it. But it'll be okay." Nightshade goes quiet when Tidal Wave glares at her. "Where's Leafeon?" Kapua wonders, noticing the Vaporeon's glare. "Are you gonna tell her? Can we leave now? I'm getting bored."

     Nightshade wraps her tail around Kapua, setting the young Salandit on her back. "Anything to get this old man to stop staring at me."

     "I heard that," Tidal Wave calls down to her as she passes him.

     "Congrats." Kapua waves at him as they slip into the jungle "Asshole," Nightshade mutters under her breath, thankful Pua didn't hear her. For once Lush Jungle is quiet. Seems most of the jungle dwellers are still sleeping in their burrows. Of course, the three Fomantis are awake. And fighting over something more stupid than berries. A berry seed.

     Nightshade leaves them to their petty argument and heads into the Banyan tree. When they reach the area where Holly is sleeping, Kapua hops off her back. "How is she still sleeping? Kalili and Leimomi wake up earlier than her." He taps the slumbering Pokémon with his tail.

     "Kalili and Leimomi are babies. They don't sleep long." She pulls Pua away from Holly, earning an annoyed sigh from the Salandit. "Her head is probably still hurting her."