Sneak Peek of Chapter Fourteen

i don't want people to think this book died and editing is taking a while longer than i thought it would, so here's a sneak peek to keep you... i don't know interested.
~

Mintpaw holds his tail high as he walks through the jungle, paws passing over vibrant grass and beautiful flowers. After such a winter as the one they had faced, the warm, fresh air is welcoming. Although, Leafeon is still wondering how it was able to get cold in Alola in the first place. Early morning in WaveClan means daily tasks are to be completed. And today, Wildspark gave border patrol to Leafeon and Mintpaw.

While Leafeon is checking every shrub and bramble, Mintpaw seems to have forgotten the main reason they're out of camp to begin with. She's given up with trying to keep him focused because everything that nears his vicinity catches his attention. She can't really blame him, though. He must be happy to finally get out of camp after two days of doing nothing but changing bedding.

After making sure WaveClan territory is clear, the two head over to the lake border. Leafeon is immediately taken aback when she notices three eeveelutions standing suspiciously on the other side. There’s that Leafeon Moana talks to, Waterlily, and a Flareon she’s never seen before. The Leafeon and Flareon are glowering at her like she just murdered their Clanmate. Waterlily just looks really annoyed.

“What are you looking at?” Mintpaw squints out across the lake. “It’s all dark, I can’t see.”

Leafeon curls her tail around him. “Remember what you said about using your nose?” Contrasting the softness of her voice is the distrustful scowl she’s giving the CraigClan members. They almost never leave their camp but when they finally come out, they decide to angrily stare at someone who didn’t do anything.

“Ohh.” The white Eevee points his muzzle up and sniffs the air. His eyes widen, and he whips around to face Leafeon, pressing his paws on her foreleg. “It’s CraigClan!” Leafeon can’t help but smile at the amazement he says it with. The blithe moment fades when a Glaceon emerges from the shaded leaves on the other side. Leafeon wouldn't have paid much attention to him if it wasn't for the red point markings.

Before she can run away, the Glaceon catches sight of her. "Ee- I mean, Leafeon!" A wide smile graces his long face. "It's been a while, yeah!" Leafeon doesn’t dare to say anything, but the Glaceon takes her silence as a reason to keep talking. "I like your bow! And that flower on your ear... It's really cute!" Mintpaw giggles, covering his mouth with his paw to muffle the sound. "And... Your glass- hey, Ca-Can I go over there? So I'm not screa-"

“No!”

The Glaceon blinks at her before smiling. “Okay!” He basically falls into the lake and despite Leafeon growling at him, he makes it to WaveClan’s side. "This side of the forest has the best berries," The Glaceon says as he shakes the water from his sleek pelt. "I-I like Sitrus Berries, but we don't have them..." He trails off when Leafeon walks away from him without another word. “W-We’re still friends, right?”

A pang of guilt at the Glaceon’s scared and longing words brings Leafeon to a reluctant stop. She isn’t trying to be mean, she even expected him to ignore her because that’s what they always did. She just wants to leave camp for one day and not get in trouble for talking to someone. “Yes, Quince. We’re still friends.”

“But he’s from CraigClan,” Mintpaw loudly whispers, casting a wary glance in Quince’s direction. “I thought you liked girls.” He moves closer to Leafeon when Quince pads over to them.

“Uh, no. No, not really.” Leafeon steps over the apprentice and heads back the way they came. She doesn’t really have a plan per se, she’s relying on running into Wildspark and pawning Quince to her. Because she has nothing better to do.

“I… have a Clan name now.” A reassuring smile from Leafeon seems to boost his confidence. “It’s Redsnow. But you can… call me Quince. I-If you want.” The two exchange equally nervous laughs and Leafeon begins to feel the same way she had when she first met him. Back when the only thing she had to worry about was if some boy would like the weird plant she found on her way home.

“Gee. You got a crush on her or something?” And just as it was then, there’s the third friend that shows up at the worst times. Only then Leafeon thought she was straight. Oh, good times those were. “Because that’s hella gay.”

Leafeon rolls her eyes and trots away from the tree Nightshade is perched in. “Wait! Come back! I-I’m pregnant you have to help me with my unborn child! Hooolly!”

“Ignore her,” she says once Nightshade is out of earshot. “We’re almost at camp.” Quince tenses beside her but she doesn’t think anything of it. As they near the outside of camp, Quince slows down before finally stopping. “What’s wrong?”

He gives her a look of bewilderment. “I can’t go in there.” Leafeon tilts her head. That never mattered when they were younger, then again, he wasn’t in a Clan. “We have rules for a reason.” He watches as Mintpaw makes his way back to the camp.

“Why don’t you just come live with me?” Leafeon will admit that she is a bit offended that he decided to join CraigClan instead of WaveClan. And that he never bothered to tell her, but she can get over that. “We don’t have to swim across a lake to see each other.”

Quince looks to his paws. “I- I just don’t want to. I mean, those Pokémon you brought back with you live with us. CraigClan isn’t that bad.” When he’s done convincing himself that he made the right decision, he clears his throat and meets Leafeon’s gaze. “I just want to prove that not everyone in CraigClan is bad.” Leafeon sighs and draws circles in the dirt, staring at the small dust clouds as they’re carried away by the wind. 

“Hey.” Quince lifts her head up with a paw. “Chin up, you have Nightshade.” He smiles teasingly and bats his eyes, setting a russet paw on his chest. “Your best fwend.”
~

you get 1000+ words out of 8000+ sorry it's boring, but isn't quince cool? i'm hoping to get the actual chapter out by this weekend, but don't take my word for it.