Chapter Five: Zinnia

In Victorian times, Zinnia symbolized lasting remembrance *

*.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚*.:。✿*゚ 
Leafeon groans and covers her ears with her paws as the sound of laughter fills the cave. That's all she's been hearing for the past five days. Them being happy. And rubbing it in her face. At least Pixie Cloud is. She groans louder when, even despite her best efforts, she can still hear them. What could possibly be so funny? she wonders. I wouldn't be happy if some psychopath took over my home after attempting to murder my sister. 

     Her pelt bristles with anger and she storms out of her nest, picking up a small rock with a vine as she stomps out. She stops at the entrance of the cave where they are, growling when she sees Pixie Cloud on top of Nightshade. She throws the rock with as much force as she can muster. Unfortunately, it just barely grazes the Sylveon's head before slamming into the wall behind them. Nightshade yelps in surprise, instinctively shielding herself with her wing. 

     "Shut up!" Leafeon barks. "I'm trying to sleep!"

     Nightshade's wing falls limply to the ground as remorse clouds her once cheerful eyes. Pixie Cloud never once looks away from Leafeon. She chuckles at the younger Eeveelution's attempts to break them up. "Don't listen." She leans down and draws her tongue along the side of Nightshade's neck. Leafeon growls lightly and unsheathes her claws.

     "Stop," Nightshade says softly.

     Pixie Cloud stops abruptly and lifts her head up. "Because of her? She's just whining. She'll get over it."

     "Just get off. I have to pee."

     Pixie Cloud sighs but obliges. Nightshade sits up and stares blankly at the moonlit Camp before flying out.

    "Good job, Leafeon," Pixie Cloud huffs. "You upset her."

     "I just told you two to shut up. I didn't do anything." Leafeon starts to walk out but is stopped when Pixie Cloud stands in her way. Leafeon glares at her, restraining the growl rising in her throat. "Can you move? It's late, and I'm tired and grumpy."

     "I'm not the bad guy."

    "Oh, right. You're just helping Nightshade," Leafeon says in a fluttery voice. "No, Pixie Cloud. You're enabling her. Now, move."

     Pixie Cloud blocks her with her paw. "You don't even know what that word means."

     "I wouldn't use it if I didn't. You aren't helping her. Frankly, I think you're making problems worse. Things don't get better if you bury them in the dirt every time they come back." Leafeon smiles and flicks her paw up and down. "Goodbye." She ducks under the Sylveon and pads outside.

     "At least she isn't starving herself!" Pixie Cloud calls after her. "And cutting! I made her not do those things! Not you!"

     "Oh, you're such a saint! We should all bow down at your paws!" Leafeon spits. "What a load of Rattata dung." With that, she runs out of Camp. Nothing is more exhilarating than a midnight run through an empty forest. The cool wind running through her pelt, the soft dirt under her paws, the full moon shining from up above, perfect for a Leafeon. Her empty mind is soon filled with thoughts when she remembers why she came out here in the first place.