Chapter Eleven: Pink Carnation

In Victorian times, a Pink Carnation symbolized a mother's love*

*.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚ *.:。✿*゚
Kapua opens his eyes, groaning at the bright sunlight. He sits up, rubbing his eyes with a loud, drawn-out yawn. Sharpedo Bluff is as secluded as usual, meaning Kapua always sleeps longer than he would with his mother. For the first days, it was nice, his mother would think otherwise, however.

     He looks over at the two nests beside him, frowning when the one in the middle is empty and cold to the touch. "Aw," Kapua frowns at the three nests, "he's gone."

     A pink Celebi lying in one of the nests awakes. "Grovyle?" She mutters, rubbing her eyes as she sits up. "He had an errand to run. If you woke up earlier, you wouldn't have missed him."

     Three days have passed since Kapua left. These three days have been less than eventful, with nothing going the way he wants it to. He decided to take a break from archery because Grovyle said you shouldn't focus too much on one thing. So, instead, he focused on Ymir. It's... not going very well.

     Kapua runs over to a chest holding the many things Grovyle's obtained from his adventures in the dungeons. "What about Ymir?" He pulls out his bag, quiver, and bow. He sets them down on the ground and digs around for something in his bag. "I'm gonna bring him a Golden Apple."

     "He's... around." Celebi flies over to him, putting the bow and quiver on his back. "I think you should try joining the Guild."

     "Why would I do that?" He closes the chest, already running out into Treasure Town.

     Celebi stops him before he can enter the area. "Learning with a partner is better than learning by yourself." Kapua grows wary. When she stops him, it usually means she wants him to see something.

     "Hey, Kapua!" The Salandit jumps. An Eevee with one blue eye and one green eye smiles at him. "My friend knows your mom! She's got a GIANT crush on her!" The silver dapples in his fur seem to shift in the tree's shade.

     "Oh-Okay." Kapua stutters, leaning away from him.

     "I'm Moana!" He poses dramatically. "Not the Princess, I'm a dude, but you can be the Princess, er, Prince and I can be the Prince, not in a romantic way, in a platonic way—don't think about your dad, okay!?"

     He talks so fast! It's making me dizzy.

     "That must suck being a prince with a dad named Prince that you hate." Moana nods when Pua gives him a bewildered look. "But, uh, I heard about Ymir! You're lucky! I couldn't even get near him before he shot lightning at me."

     "I can't imagine why." Kapua continues his trail to Treasure Town, waving at some of the explorers as they prepare for their expeditions, and ignoring Celebi shouting after him.

     "Why are ya going to Treasure Town?" Moana bounds down to the beach. "There's nothing there unless you're an explorer."

     Kapua turns back. "I'm going to the beach," he sighs to himself. He passes Moana who's hiding behind a rock at the hill of the beach. The direction of the strong wind is giving his scent away anyways.