Chapter Thirty-Two: Neverending Misfortunes

┌──────── ∘°❉°∘ ────────┐

In Victorian times,
Dianthus meant make haste 

└──────── °∘❉∘° ────────┘

─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━──━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─

Instead of enacting on her plan after Mew had left, Nightshade opted to take in the fresh air. The window in that hospital did a poor job of letting the fresh air in for the few hours it would rarely be opened for. Still, she couldn't stay outside for too long and after a good five minutes, she began searching the room for money.

     Ymir is right outside, so Mew's horse suggestion is already taken care of. Not that she's going to drag him along with her. She already has Gatsby to get annoyed at. She searches the room for much longer than she should have. She goes over everything at least three times. She looks through drawers and the closet and under the bed—even in the small room that's hidden behind Nightshade's desk.

     And comes up with nothing.

     She's beginning to think that the money Prince has isn't even in their room, but she can't think of anywhere else he would keep it. He has no reason to hide it from her. She's never needed money and she doesn't understand the currency here. "This is impossible..." Nightshade mutters to herself as she scans the large bedroom. "Maybe I should ditch the money idea..."

     All it takes a few extra seconds of thought for her to abandon that idea. She's most definitely going to catch a cold, and with no one else to baby her, she'll have to take care of herself. She's not looking to be a thief as well as a runaway. Onto another search.

     Nightshade eventually finds some money wedged within the pages of a book Prince was reading. The book in question is in plain sight, just staring Nightshade straight in the face. "Who uses money as a bookmark?" Nightshade scoffs as she takes the money from the pages. "Just buy a bookmark."

     A heavy 'thump!' pulls Nightshade's attention from the book. She sets it back down and watches in petrified horror as the door is slowly pushed open. "Princess Nightshade!?" A young feminine voice reaches her ears. It's just Faline. She and the Deerling both let out a sigh of relief. "You scared me! I wasn't expecting anyone to be in here."

     "What are you doing here?" Nightshade asks as Faline closes the door with her muzzle. "I thought you were with Rarity and those two idiot psychic-types."

     "I was until Bellamy came back," Faline answers. "We went back to Azgeta and I stayed with him for a while to help repair the damage done to the city, but I wanted to pay Kapua a visit. I kinda just stay here and help Prince and Demarion until he gets back from school."