⇷ one ⇸

⇸

Delilah stared at her parents in disbelief. Moving? Of course, they were asking if she wanted to move. They were amazing parents by discussing whatever might affect their family. "I know that this is hard," her father spoke softly to her with a smile on his face. "but I think it would be good for our family. And it was where I grew up and met you mother before we moved her." He looked at his wife, with the same love she had seen ever since she was little. Their love for each other had not died and will never die. Delilah was a little jealous of that.

Her father looked so hopeful about the idea and so did her mother. Delilah looked over to her brother who was fixing one of his lego towers. "I think it'd be cool." Arlo answered her unanswered question. Delilah smiled.

"We should do it. It would be cool." She repeated, glancing to Arlo.

Her mother looked ecstatic. "Great!" she clapped her hands together.

"Um, where exactly are we going again?" Delilah asked.

"Frankenmuth, Michigan. I have a good friend that lives there too, so a reunion will be in order."

"Oh! I haven't seen Karen in a long time. Her sons and daughter must be grown now."

"Yes, love."

The next few weeks were hectic, packing and making sure that everything was in order. Delilah had to quit her job and say goodbye to a few friends. Nothing was really keeping her here in the big city. Not after what happened just a year ago.

Dad and Arlo left a week before Mom and Delilah did. They took the large van that carried the essentials that they wanted to keep. Everything else was sold. Delilah, on the plane, watched the stars. This was a new step for her and her family. She was scared, yes, but at the same time excited.

And she hoped that she would get over the fear that was still stuck in the back of her head. She was hoping that it would never come back. She wanted to get on with her life and this was exactly what she needed - what her family needed.

She swiped the mirror of fog from the shower that she had taken only a few minutes ago. She knew that she was going to be late for work, but she was not in the mood to care. She had not gotten a wink of sleep. That was what happened when she got a good book.

Thankfully makeup was invented to hide dark circles. The makeup was done before her hair. She was quick with the hair blow dryer and put her dark blonde hair in a messy bun. It had been a few months after they moved to Michigan and she was still getting used to the different atmosphere. It was more open and the house weren't so close like in the city. The air was cleaner and it had more green than she was used too.

"Dee!" Arlo called out. "Get out of the bathroom!"

"Wait a moment!" She huffed, rolling her eyes. She pulled the robe closer to her body and opened the door. The cool air was refreshing. "There, happy now."