⇷ bonus chapter: marriage ⇸

⇸

August had come. And the day of the wedding had arrived. And she didn't realize just how nervous she was.

She was in the room alone, the clock ticking the time away. She strapped on her thick heeled shoes and then fully stood. She tucked in a strand of hair that had fallen in front of her face.

Her hair had grown a lot more, close to her ears. So, she decided that a simple braid adorning her blonde hair was enough. She huffed out, feeling like she wasn't pretty enough. But this was her wedding day and she was not going to allow self-doubt to ruin it.

She stood in front of the mirror, staring herself down. The dress that she wore was a spaghetti strapped lace dress that showed off her form. It had a sweep train, not too long, but just enough. Her makeup was simple, but still elegant; with the winged eyeliner, and perfect contour.

With that she felt beautiful. And she knew that no matter what, Jake would think that she was beautiful; that mattered more.

She glanced at the clock. Only a few more minutes left, she thought. Suddenly, her door opened and Ronnie walked in with a breathtaking smile. "Are you almost ready?"

Delilah nodded, "I just need help with the veil."

Ronnie nodded, gripping the veil in her hand, and then clipping it to the crown of her head. Her hand softly landed on Delilah's shoulders. "You look beautiful, my love."

Delilah chuckled, tears springing to her eyes. "Thanks, Veronica." She turned to look at Ronnie. "For everything. For helping me get this wedding right."

Ronnie smirked, "That's the job of the Maid of Honor." Delilah chuckled.

Ronnie fixed the strap of her light blue dress. It was a spaghetti strap dress with off the shoulder straps as well. The dress was flowy and soft. It fit her perfectly. "You look beautiful too."

She went to say something when her mother walked in. Daisy put a hand over her mouth, her eyes watering. "Oh, my baby girl." She hugged her tightly. "You look so beautiful."