⇷ bonus chapter: family ⇸

⇸

Delilah moved her hands over her head. It had somehow become a habit, especially after she had some blonde fuzz over it. And the habit only showed when she was either nervous or thinking. And right now, it was for both reasons.

It had only been a few months after Jake had announced that they were engaged, and that was when she had met her mother's boyfriend. Geez, that sounds so weird, she thought.

She moved her hand to her mouth, tapping it with her fingers in a rhythm. They had decided that it was time for Delilah to meet his family. Which meant all four of his boys. It was a crazy idea thinking that they could be part of her family if Keane and Daisy got married.

Again, her hand went over her head, going to the nape of her neck to massage it. She closed her eyes, huffing.

She suddenly felt warm fingers touch her neck, replacing her own. "I thought you were going to stay in bed a little longer," she murmured, groaning in pleasure as he hit the spot.

He chuckled, "I would have if you were in it."

"Mm, I was tossing and turning most of the night anyways. So," she touched his hand, bringing it to her mouth to kiss it. "I got up. I didn't want to bother you."

His lips touched her ear, a kiss of his own landing there. "I wouldn't have minded, Darlin'."

"You say that now." She turned her head, smiling up at him. He moved a little closer so that their lips touched. She sighed into the kiss, gripping his hand. He stood fully when he removed himself.

"Is coffee made?"

"Mmhmm." He left her side to get his cup.

"So, what's got you all nervous?"

Delilah sighed, "How can you tell?"

He gave her a look as he leaned against the counter, bringing the cup to his lips. After a sip, he said, "Darlin', I just know."

"Well," she answered, getting as comfortable as she could in the table seat. "tonight we have to go for dinner to meet Keane's family. I'm not that excited about it."

"Why not? You're mom seems happy with him and he's a good guy."

She shrugged, "Just my nerves I guess. I'm happy that he makes her happy. But it just feels like something bad is going to happen."

He frowned, setting the cup down. "Darlin', it's going to be okay. I'll be there and Arlo. so if something does happen, you have us."

She waved away whatever worries she had, "It's nothing. You know how I get."

"And that's why I'm telling you that it's gonna be fine."

She looked at him lovingly, "How did I get so lucky?"