⇷ fifteen ⇸

⇸

She couldn't believe what she had seen as she watched Rose run around, trying to find a shirt to put back on. Her father's face was pure white, with just a little red on his cheeks. Once Rose was put together, she only smirked at Delilah.

"Oh, Delilah -"

"Shut up." Delilah glared right at her father, waiting. Her body was rigid and ready.

"What -"

Delilah looked straight into her eyes, glaring at her. "I said shut up. Get out."

Rose looked at her shocked, then flared with more hatred, and then back at Marlon. "Marlon -"

"Go, Rose." She pouted, stomped her foot, and left the house in fury. Delilah stared straight at her father, without a trace of emotion on it. Her father lead forward, rubbing his hands on his face and through his hair. "Delilah, I.."

"I always wondered how she knew where we were. You know, since mom never talks to her. And grandma wouldn't say a word to Rose about where we were." She moved from where she was standing and stood right in front of him. "And now she's fighting for Arlo.. why? Were the two of you going to run away together?" Her father looked at her for a second before putting his head down in shame. "Answer me!"

He sighed, "Yes."

Her heart dropped from her chest to the pit of her stomach. And now she wanted to throw it up. She put her hand on her mouth, "My god."

"Delilah," he stood up, going to touch her. "Please."

"No," she pushed his hand away. "Don't touch me. Not after touching her!" she pointed behind her. "I-I can't believe this! Who are you?!" She started to back away from him.

"Flower -"

"Don't call me that!"

"I'm still your father."

She shook her head, "No," her voice trembled. "My f-father was there when I acted out and when I got cancer. And-and when I was in the hospital. Who was there for me through every chemotherapy and radiation session. Every thing. You-you are not that person."

"I know... Flower.." he pleaded as he reached for her again.

"I said not to call me that. Don't you dare." Her world had turned upside down and she was falling. She didn't know what to do. "Does mom know?" He wouldn't answer. "Does. Mom. Know."

He shook his head, "No, not even back then."

"What."

"Arlo is mine." Once again her world shifted. "Rose and I.. I just didn't know until she left. She told me that he was mine but the man she was with at the time wouldn't let her leave him. We-we planned to run and be a family together." Her heart that was in the pit of her stomach moved to her gut. She was in pain. She then imagined a life without her father. Without Arlo. It hurt. "Delilah, I love you. And your mom. But I - where are you going?" She ran up the stairs and started to pack a bag. She didn't know what she was putting in her bag, but she zipped it up. "Delilah, please, wait. Let me explain." He grabbed her arm.

"You've explained everything." She ripped her arm out of his grasp and looked at him like he was her worst monster. "You never cared about us. All you cared about was yourself. Tell mom that I'm with Ronnie." She turned to leave.

"Wait." She stopped and looked at him. "Are you going to tell your mom."

She was disgusted with him and scoffed. She left without answering. It was like she was in autopilot. She was shivering, cold but warm all at the same time. The chills started in the middle of her back and moved to the front of her body. It came in waves, like little ants moving.

Her mind couldn't get the image of what she saw out. She wanted to burn it, tear it to pieces, but it was never going to happen. Her eyes burned from unshed tears. Her father wasn't who she thought he was. He was supposed to be the good guy, the loving father who never made any mistakes. She knew that this was a lesson for her. No matter what people are like, it may not be who they really are. She should have learned it a long time ago.

When she pulled into the Kiszka household, she saw Jake, his brothers, and Danny sitting on the porch. It looked like Danny was ready to leave, but they had stopped when they saw her car. She got out of the car while Jake made his way over, confused.

"Hey, did you need something.. What's wrong?" He had noticed and she flew into his arms almost knocking him down. "Darlin'?"

She kept her crying silent, but she was shaking. His grip on her tightened. "I don't want to talk." She felt him nod against her head as he held her by the car. She didn't know how long they stayed there, probably for a few moments, but it felt like forever. "I'm sorry.. I just didn't know what to do."

"You're okay. It's going to be okay." His voice was comforting, and she closed her eyes. "Let's go inside. It's getting chilly."

He kept her close, deep into his side, and he walked her to the house. The boys were still waiting, worried.

"Delilah?" Sam asked.

She knew what he was really asking. Is this about Jocelyn?

She shook her head. She couldn't speak. She was too tired to think. He sits her on the couch and then heads towards the kitchen. The air was tense, but she didn't want it to be. "I'm sorry to barge in."

Josh answered, "What are you talking about? You're part of this family."

She gave a small smile, but put her hands over her face. Her family was going to be torn apart. And it was on her shoulders whether that was going to happen... or not. Her shoulders shrank down, as if the whole world was on them.

She felt Jake sit down next to her. She removed her hands to look at him. He lifted a hot cup to her, "Some tea."

She nodded, "Thank you."

Jake bit his lip and then licked it, "You can tell us what happened when you're ready. We're on your side, Darlin'."

She breathed out, letting the toxic air out of her body and leaned into him. He kissed the side of her head and she could feel the care within it.

"My dad.." She put a hand over her mouth, not really wanting to say anything. The boys waited patiently for her. "My dad, I found him cheating on my mom."

TEN CHAPTERS LEFT

How do you like it so far?

Any suggestions of what you'd like to see? Any predictions?