⇷ thirteen ⇸

⇸

That night, she still had night sweats, but she was able to get to sleep a lot quicker than before. She felt like something in her chest had been lifted after talking with Jake and she realized that he was important to her. That he was the reason that she felt like it was okay to talk about feelings and anything else that was bothering her. And he never made her feel like they were wrong.

Delilah was in a deep sleep when she was suddenly awoken by someone jumping on her. She groaned and opened her eyes, seeing the dark hair that belonged to a certain Kiszka. "Ronnie!"

"GOOOD MOORNIINNNG!"

"Good lord, why are you so happy in the morning. You're annoying." Delilah pushed her away while Ronnie laughed and rolled off her.

"Aww, don't be a meanie. Get up, there's a festival today! Usually the town has it when the boys come back, but this is before the boys leave for another tour."

That shocked Delilah and she opened her closed eyes to look at her. "What, you didn't know? They're leaving in like three weeks,"

"No, Jake didn't tell me."

"Probably because you weren't texting him back. He was so worried about you. What are you, stupid?"

"Yes, but Jake and I talked about it."

"Oh? I wondered where he went last night." Ronnie sat up. "Alright, up up up. Take a shower and get ready."

Delilah sighed, "Fine." She sat up, flinging her sheets off of her.

"Oh, I know what you can wear?"

"What?" Her body shivered as she stood up. She had been warm and could have slept a lot longer. Especially since her nights hadn't been the best.

"That red shirt with the blue flowers and the high waisted pants with a belt!" Delilah nodded while looking through her closet and drawers. Ronnie became quiet, making her stop and turn. Ronnie looked at her, deeply in the eyes. "Dee, they aren't dating anymore."

"Who?"

"Jake and Jocelyn."

"Ooh," she nodded and then went back to her searching. "yeah, I know."

"How?"

"Jake, me, yesterday. Ah-ha! Finally. This thing was all the way on the bottom." Her shirt was put in the crook of her arm along with her pants and the belt while she looked for her undergarments.

"So, then are you two..?" She trailed off.

"Hm, no. But we did kiss."

"What?" Her mouth opened and closed like a fish. "Cute, but gross! But why?"

Delilah huffed, "Because he just got out of a relationship, Veronica."

"Oo, my name. Are you crazy! Someone could come in and sweep him off his feet."

"Then we weren't meant to be. Listen, when my ex and I broke up I needed time to get over the jerk."

"Oh, please! You two are so meant for each other." She paused, "Wait, you had a boyfriend? But didn't you say that you didn't?"

Delilah chuckled, "Yeah.. I said no one was interested in me, didn't mean that I never had a relationship before. He dumped me because I was wasting his time apparently. You know, sitting in a hospital bed and throwing up was just not what he was looking for."

"What a jerk."

"Alright. I'm gonna go take my shower."

Ronnie and Delilah were the last to show up at the festival. The group were standing in a circle, waiting for them. Jake was the first to notice Delilah and Ronnie. But his eyes trailed only Delilah. From her pretty shoes, her tight pants, to the shirt that showed off her curves, to her face that was framed by her curled hair. She tried to keep her smile at bay, but she felt pretty by the way he was looking at her.

Ronnie bumped her, with a smile on her face. "Dee.."

"Stop it."

"Finally!" Josh sighed out. "You take forever." He smirked at Ronnie.

"Hey, it wasn't me." Ronnie pointed to Delilah, who hit her. "Ow! Delilah."

She rolled her eyes. However, she felt happy and carefree. She hadn't felt that way in a long time that she didn't realize what it was. She hoped that it didn't change. Another face popped up and Ronnie happly ran to him. Ronnie's boyfriend was a sweet heart that loved Ronnie to bits. Delilah smiled at the two as the group decided to move.

Jake maneuvered to stand next to Delilah now that Ronnie was occupied. "You look.. Great."

Delilah chuckled, "Thank you. Ronnie helped me out."

"Well, red looks good on you. Oh!" he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him to a stand. "Have you tried this?" The food was in a heart shaped covered in powdered sugar. He pulled out a couple dollars and was handed a plate.

"No, but it looks amazing." She took a bite, licking her lips. She moaned, "Oh my goodness."

He smiled, "I'm glad you like. Bavaria makes German food. Oh, we should also try some of the beer that is made here."

"But I'm not of age -"

"It doesn't matter. I'll share with you. We should also try the Taffy Kitchen." He grabbed her hand again, taking her to all the little food stalls and they went to some of the games. Jake won her a big teddy bear and carried it for her. She knew that this was a cliche scene from the movies, but she loved it. She loved every second that she spent with Jake. He made her laugh with his jokes and she loved watching him smile.

Ronnie caught up with them with her boyfriend behind her, Sam and Danny also close by. "I lost Josh and Emery. I found these two," She gestured behind her with her thumb, "by the band, so when we regroup we should head over there. We should find the lost children."

Delilah shrugged, "I think they're fine. I mean, it's not like we don't know where they live."

Jake chuckled at her joke, "Funny,"

"I try."

"Good lord, you two are gross." Ronnie shivered in mock disgust.

"Shut up,"

"Make me! Oh, hey there's Josh and Emery.. And Jocelyn." Ronnie make eye contact with Delilah in concern. Delilah turned and Jocelyn made eye contact with her. She could feel the hatred from twenty feet away that she was.

Delilah sighed. Great, just great.