⇷ eleven ⇸

thank you for the comments in the last chapter! i am so excited to see them live! TWO DAYS LEFT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i hope you like this chapter. Enjoy!

Jake moved her to the porch stairs and sat down. He hugged her to his body and her head rested against his chest as she cried. "Shh," he whispered. "it's okay. I'm here for you. It's gonna be okay."

She hadn't cried like that in a long time. Not since the first time she was diagnosed with cancer.

She tried to breath but it just made her cry more. He squeezed her closer, resting his cheek against her head. "It's okay." He comforted her as best he could and slowly she started to calm down. "There you go. You alright now?"

She shrugged, "I don't know anymore."

He rubbed his hand up and down her arm, "What's happened?" She shook her head and then leaned forward, away from him. However, he pulled her back. "Tell me."

She didn't want to tell him, but at the same time she wanted to talk to someone. "Today was the day that Rose came over."

"..Oh, you should have told me that she was coming."

"I thought I could handle it, you know." He nodded. "But I couldn't. It was like she was just focusing on Arlo and it was like she was trying to take him away. It scared me. And.. and I started a fight." Her leg started to bounce, but his hand softly landed on her leg. It was warm and she shivered from the tingles that were moving throughout her body. "And then she started to say things and I," her hand started to shake and she put it over her mouth. A symbol in not wanting to say what she heard. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? There's no need, Darlin."

"I just.. I feel like what I'm feeling is wrong."

He shook his head, "No, it's okay. Sometimes you gotta let it out. It's better to do that then keep it in. I feel like you do that."

She nodded, "I don't want to bother people."

Jake rolled his lips, "That would never happen. I'm not bothered, Darlin."

She tried to smile, "Thanks."

"Come on. I bet your hungry." He stood up and held out his hand for her to take.

She looked at the door and then back at him, "I shouldn't.."

"Delilah, it's okay." With that, she took his hand and he lifted her up, walking into the house. He maneuvered so that he was behind her but guided her with a hand on her shoulder.