⇷ three ⇸

⇸

Thankfully, the next day was a Saturday. Which meant no work or school. Delilah and Arlo slept in until way past eleven. They had stayed up later than they had intended. He had asked another question, "Are you happy here?" It was such a simple question but a hard answer. She was glad that they were here, but she hadn't felt happiness in awhile. Her fear had overtaken that a long time ago.

"Yes, bubba." she answered. "Are you?"

He nodded, his eyelids drooping from exhaustion, "Yeah. I've made friends here. It's better here."

"That's good, baby. Go to sleep." She had watched him sleep for awhile until she finally stopped fighting it. She was out like a light. When she woke up, it was because Arlo had crawled out of her bed. "Gonna go play with your legos?"

"Yes, also Ronnie is here. I heard her talking."

That made Delilah's eyes open. She grimaced at what happened yesterday. She wondered what the Kiszka family were thinking. Delilah sighed, trying to get out of her head. The door opened with Ronnie on the other side. "Hey, Arlo. Did you wake your sister for me?"

"No." he walked out of the room. Ronnie shook her head with a smile.

"What a rascal."

Delilah agreed, "He just needs to sleep more. His panic attack exhausted him."

Ronnie's face changed quickly; from happy to pity. "He should not be having them at the age he is now." She bounced on the bed before laying down next to Delilah.

"Yeah, but life isn't always easy for some of us."

"I'm sorry. I didn't -"

"You're fine. I was just saying." They ended the conversation there. It was too earl for her to talk about it. "How was the movies with you boy?"

Ronnie sighed happily, "It was great. He is such a good man. And caring. He makes me feel special."

"Mm," Ronnie then stared at her. Delilah could feel and watch Ronnie's eyes examine her face. "What?"

"You're pretty and you have a good personality. So, why don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Ugh!" Delilah threw her comforter over her head to block the question. Ronnie struggled to get it out of her grasp.

"Come on! I just want to know." Finally the comforter was off, making Delilah's hairs stick up with static.

"I just haven't found the right guy. No one's interested me."

"Oh! Then I know. Why don't I hook you up with my brother?" Delilah, for some odd reason, thought of Jake and was confused. "Sam."

"Oh, um, no. That's okay. I'm not really looking either. Not that Sam isn't bad."