⇷ ten ⇸

⇸

Delilah tried her hardest to smile and not look like she was ready to kill someone. Rose was sitting in front of her; the woman who gave up both her children. Arlo looked shaken, but thankfully their parents had prepared him for this.

Rose looked older than she was, but her skin looked better than the last time they saw each other. However, she had definitely gotten some plastic surgery since then. She didn;t mind other people getting it, but this woman... Delilah found all of her faults.

She hated that she looked like her too. The heart-shaped face to the dark blonde hair to the blue eyes. They matched heights, Delilah just a tad taller. And their body looked the same. Long legs and petite. The only thing that differed was the personalities. They were two entirely different entities.

Rose never once looked at her. It had been like that over the years and when she did look at her, it was like she was looking through her. Her relationship with this woman was nonexistent and for some reason that made her angry. Why? She didn't know. It was just something she was feeling.

Why was it that she could feel every other emotion like anger and embarrassment but never happiness? Was there something wrong with her?

She was interrupted from her inner monologue by her brother, who suddenly sat next to her. He looked like was ready to cry, so she offered support by putting her arm around him. It seemed to stop his trembling. "It's gonna be okay, bubba." she whispered.

Finally Rose looked at her and she watched as her blue eyes became darker with emotion. "Delilah, you were here?"

"The whole time."

"Hm, Arlo why don't you show me around?" Arlo shook his head. It was like he reverted back to when he was six. The shy and mute boy. Obviously, this woman had done something to this boy and not just his father. Delilah was ready to fight. "No. Well, I was hoping to see your room."

"I have to go to the bathroom." He stated and ran to the bathroom. Rose sighed.

"It was good to see all you," She said to the parents and not to Delilah.

"I have a question." Delilah spurted out. Her mother quickly looked at her, to quiet her down. But she was not going to listen. She wanted to know. "Why is it that you hate me so much?"

The room became quieter if that was possible. It was like she asked a forbidden question. But she guessed that had always been in the back of her mind. And she knew that if it had been anywhere else but home, she would have never asked. Rose finally looked at her.

"Hate you? No. I despise you. Abhor you. I wished I had never been pregnant with you." Delilah felt like cold water had splashed against her. The goosebumps rose from her skin and she wanted to shiver from the feel of such a hate towards her.

"Rose!" her mother gasped.

"I despise you because you were created by rape. I wanted you gone. You caused me to lose the love of my life. You were the one that ruined everything."

"That's enough, Rose." Her father barked.

"But no, my precious sister didn't care what happened to me. She just wanted you. She could never have children so why not? That's what I thought. You were nothing to me. I would have gladly thrown you away." Delilah's eyes burned from unshed tears. "Is that what you wanted to know." The look in her eyes was true hatred. Something she had never seen in her life, but here she was experiencing it from the woman who was supposed to unconditionally love her.

That was when Arlo entered the room again and the tension broke. The woman smiled at him with such love and care. "But Arlo, I wanted him. He was the one that made me feel like I was going to be okay." She frowned. "But his father turned out to be a monster and all I could do was run."

Delilah swallowed the lump in her throat but then started to laugh. It was odd to her. Nothing like she had ever heard come out of her mouth. "You ran?"

"Delilah." Her mother whispered. "Please."

"You ran. And now what? You want to be his mother."

"Because I am his mother! A mother who loves her son!"

"NO! A real mother would have taken him with her. Or would have fought for him. But no! You ran and left him to be a personal punching bag who was being starved. You are not fit to be a mother."

Rose stood up and so did Delilah, meeting her half way. "Delilah, dear. Don't me do this the hard way. I will and want to take him away. But I am letting you keep him."

"Letting us keep him? What is he? An object?"

"He's mine!" That had slowly inched closer when her father's large hand grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Enough. Delilah, come with me." That pulled her from wherever she had gone. And the look on Arlo's face broke her. She wanted to hug him and run to find a safe place for him. They office door shut. "Delilah.. You need to calm down. I understand -"

"Do you?"

"Flower,"

"Dad, that woman doesn't care about anyone but herself and you're just letting -"

"I'm not letting her do anything. I'm trying to make this situation better for Arlo right now. I thought we discussed this. We don't want to remove Arlo from this house but you.." he trailed off with a sigh and she understood.

"I'm making the situation worse, is that it?"

"No, no, that's not what I was meaning to say."

Delilah felt like her world was crumbling. "Ever since finding out that you guys weren't my biological parents and then getting my cancer, I feel like my world just keeps going down the drain."

"I know. But it'll get better, I promise." He rubbed his face, "I think it's best you don't go to the dinner with us, alright."

She couldn't say no to him, so she just nodded. He kissed her forehead, "I love you, flower."

"Love you too."

Once they left, she just sat there in the chair. She wanted to cry but she wanted someone to be there with. Was she thinking too much about herself?

She knew that if she didn't go to a friend, she would do something she would regret. She drove over to the Kiszka household where Ronnie still lived. She knocked on the door rather quickly. She rocked back and forth on her heel, wishing that her tears would not spill right at that moment.

Jake answered the door and smiled until he saw her face. "Hey, is Ronnie hear?" She said quickly.

"No.. is everything alright?"

And with that, she sobbed.

Sooo, how do you like it so far? Any suggestions?

I know this might sound familiar, but I'm really interested in what you guys are thinking. It gives me an idea of what I should do next. So thank you for your comments!!

By the wayyyyyyy: I'm going to be seeing our boys, Greta Van Fleet, LIVE in one week. I'm so EXCITED AHHH