2.09

We've hit another milestone  > 150K READS !!!!!

p.s. next chapter is the last chapter. 

-----

A twigged snapped outside, short, eery, the air was tense in the forest. Sam looked to Alice.

     "Are they back?"

Alice shook her head, her face showing fear for the first time. 

      "It's not them, I can read their thoughts. The Hunter's, they're hear for revenge." Edward chimed in walking to stand directly in the middle of the open doors, fearless. 

     "Boys, get on your mark." Sam ordered the pack, who exchanged glances within the room.

Many of the boys were questioning the order, others complaining about the nuisance of these Hunters but either way, they knew what they needed to do, what they've always done. Protect.

Embry stood in front of Sam, his stare as hard as steel. "If they've hurt her, don't stop me from killing them."

Sam's mouth twitched as he sucked in a deep breath. "That is not who were are, you know that. Gracie wouldn't want you-"

     "What would you know about what she would want?" Embry snapped loudly.

The whole room stood awkwardly still, their glances fixated on the alpha with one of their brothers. Nobody moved. Nobody dared breath in the tense room.

     "We're not going to kill these people. They are not what we hunt." Sam's voice was low but terrifyingly threatening. 

Embry scoffed, moving away from Sam but the alpha caught a hold of the boy's shoulder. The boy stopped in his steps, looking slightly over his shoulder to the firm grip on his shoulder before shaking it off him and storming to Alice.

     "You can see the future can't you. What does it say about Gracie?" Embry asked softly as if he was trying to whisper.

Alice shook her head. "They come to me, the only time's I've ever searched a future was when focusing on objects in the vision and pairing it to that person. I've tried searching for Gracie's future but it hasn't changed since the last vision. I told you she comes back here, I cannot know exactly when."

     "What of Emilio's future?" Edward asked.

Alice looked up at him. She paused, focusing on the shed and the man to form an insight into Emilio Di Russo's future. Alice sucked in a large breath, pulling herself further into the vision. Speaking, the boys watched as her eyes remained wide open. "The course has changed. I see shock and someone still on the ground. I see...I see silver bullets and arrows embedded in the walls. I see fear."

     "That's good news isn't it? Someone has to be there alive for you to sense fear, right?" Jared piped up, acknowledging his existence to Embry who looked to him in deathly glares.

     "I cannot tell who or how many are alive." Alice began before pulling herself completely out of the vision and back into reality. "For now, we must face what is outside."

Edward read her mind. "The Hunter's are planning to attack here any minute."

The wolf-pack stood up straight and ready, making their way out toward the deck where in fact the Hunter's already stood out in the open grassy field before the tree line. They each stood evenly spread around the house, prevented any from leaving if they most so desired. 

      "We wish to speak to the one named Sam." A stocky man questioned. He held a crossbow in his hand, aimed and ready. 

Sam took a step forward, pulling a hand up to alert the rest of his pack not to follow. "Only if you put the weapon down."