𝗢𝗡𝗘

Charnaé Joni Sorell

"Welcome to Frosty, what can I get for you today?" I smiled at the man over the counter

"Welcome to Frosty, what can I get for you today?" I smiled at the man over the counter. We mostly got men in here anyways, which I hated. But with this being my dad's business it's the only job that would let me do what I wanted.

He looked into the glass case for a moment before pointing in at a white gold diamond incrusted cuban link chain. "Lemme see dat one." He said.

I cringed a bit at the way he talked and looked at him before looking down at the chain and back at him. Shrugging, I cleaned my hands and unlocked the sliding door before pulling the chain out careful not to get my finger prints all over it. I had just cleaned all of them not more than an hour ago.

I turned it around showing it to him. By the looks of the fake chain he had around his neck, he would be leaving once he heard the price. "It's 21,299.58." I said. Just as I suspected he looked taken aback and went on his phone. I knew he didn't have the money. Hell, he knew he didn't have the money. "Welcome to Frosty, I'll be right with you." I looked up at the group of men before turning my attention back to Fake Chain who was now feeling his pockets.

"Damn. I left my money in the car. I'll be back babygirl." He turned heading for the entrance.

"Mhm." I hummed. Ain't no way in hell we just leaving money in our cars. I put the chain back inside the case and locked it before heading down to where the men were looking at our watches. "See something y'all like?" I asked. These niggas had money, big d boy money. I could smell it on them.

"I sure do." One of them said instantly turning me off from wanting to do the sale.

"Donbo, chill. I'm Roddy and I'm looking for Reggie." The short one said. He was fine, pretty eyes, nice smile, and he was iced out. I knew what he needed my daddy for, business. Mama made him promise he would stop selling out the shop, but I guess I'm getting that new car for my birthday. Don't get me wrong, I want my own. I'm working on having my own, but until then I need to have somebody else's and who else to give it to me than my daddy?

"You can follow me." I said walking behind the desk. "Uhn uhn, just him." They was not finna jump my daddy, okay. I led him over to the door that sat in the corner. I looked at Ricky and Karlton who stood post in the store letting me know I could leave the front area. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard his voice yell. I pushed the door open forcing the towel that covered the threshold back.

"Damn daddy it's stink in here." I covered my nose frowning. I hated the smell of weed.

"My bad baby, what's up?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Roddy's here to see you." I gave him a look letting him know he was busted.

He sighed. "What I gotta give you now Naé?"

"We'll discuss that when the time comes, you can come in Roddy." I smiled letting him in. "Love you." I said before shutting the door. I walked back over to the men. "So ya'll ready to spend some dollas?" I smiled. By the time I was done cashing them out and giving them their jewelry, the door to my daddy's office opened and out came Roddy, with a cloud of smoke. "You getting something, Roddy?"