f o u r

SOMETIMES I WONDER if I could write a chapter without any sex. I have a decent outline, but sometimes the characters and story exit the busy interstate and wander around the back roads (like my life is a highway metaphor?).

 I have a decent outline, but sometimes the characters and story exit the busy interstate and wander around the back roads (like my life is a highway metaphor?)

"Lauren, sweetie, I need two more pitchers of beer!"

She gritted her teeth and started filling a pitcher for the annoying flirty voice that agitated her all night. With the Raven's fourth consecutive win earlier in the day, the fans crowded the bar earlier than and stayed even longer.

The high level of noise, broken glasses and pitchers, and demanding drink orders weren't even close to making Lauren almost lose her temper at least a dozen times during the night. No, that honor belonged to the fourth bartender, Jodie fucking Barrett.

When the owner called in for reinforcements for the predicted super crowd before the surge, Jodie agreed on the condition she could leave an hour before closing time. Tristan, Everett, and Lauren had no problem with her demand, they just had a problem with her lack of productivity.

"Thanks for the pitchers, sweetie," Jodie said, flashing a fake smile and tossing her long blonde hair behind her shoulders.

Lauren stepped away from the counter, desperate to escape the pretty demon. The night could not end soon enough for her.

"Less than two hours, pretty girl," Everett said, standing next to her with a dish towel in his hand.

"Thank god," she replied flatly. "There was a good chance I was going to kill her."

"And I would've let you because I'm way too pretty for prison."

Lauren laughed and surveyed the crowded bar of drunk students. A high pitched giggle sounded like nails on a chalkboard to her and made Lauren want to slap the fake flirtatious smile off Jodie's pretty face.

Instead of cleaning tables or serving drinks behind the bar, Jodie unabashedly showed off her ample cleavage and constantly flirted with the guy patrons. Lauren hated working with her because Jodie was the laziest bartender who was always the first to leave when the bar was slow.

And drunk guys fell for her highlighted blonde hair, pouty red lips, slender figure, and long tan legs, slipping her cash for a deeper peek or even a feel at her heavy breasts. Unfortunately, Jodie had a massive following on social media, and her stupid followers crowded the bar and tipped well any time she worked.

"At least she didn't have time to suck any cock," Lauren murmured lowly.

Everett smirked at the comment. "The night's not over."

She groaned, hoping she wouldn't catch Jodie sucking off some guy in the storage room in the basement for the umpteenth time. Although Lauren had repeatedly requested Jodie to give a signal or even a code word or something that she needed some private time in the storage room, Jodie always replied, "It's a spur of the moment thing." Or "it just kinda happened, ya know?"