s e v e n t e e n

WARNING! WARNING! Another steamy chapter filled with hotel sex. You have been warned.

Sometimes Lauren really wanted to kick herself in the ass for being a neurotic mess when it came to unknown events. Even though everyone – April, Tristan, Everett, Josh, and the regular bar customers – confidently reassured her more than once that she couldn't disappoint two teenagers if she even tried, Lauren felt better making tentative plans and scouting places the twins might like. She just liked to be prepared.

"You could drop Michelle off at the library on campus for a few hours, and she'd be happy," Josh had advised half jokingly. "Out of the two, she's the easiest to please. Put her in a library, bookstore, or art museum, and she'll wander around for hours."

"Drop Cara off at a mall, and she'll be happy for a few hours," Everett had added, with a smirk, during one of the many discussions at the bar.

The past three weeks had been a whirlwind of emotions for Lauren as she kept a sharp eye on the Ravens. If the number-one ranked team lost one of its three games then the team would head to Iowa instead of Colorado. Lauren couldn't figure out why she would feel more comfortable in a state known for its acres upon acres of cornfields and why a state filled with luxurious ski resorts made her so nervous.

As much as she wanted to cheer on the sidelines in a more simple Midwestern state, Lauren knew being conference champions for a second consecutive year was a big fucking deal to anyone that loved the Ravens. Josh had looked like complete shit when the team almost lost a game, and Lauren couldn't imagine how he'd react or what he'd look like if the Ravens actually lost a game.

So, Lauren kept her mixed emotions to herself and distracted herself with preparations for Cara and Michelle's inevitable three-day visit. She wasn't sure if she should be annoyed with herself for allowing Josh to give her phone number to his sisters because they texted her every day with various questions about the stay or general inquiries about her day.

However, the twins' texts gave her insight into their personalities, which helped Lauren relax as the date drew closer and closer. The sisters were genuinely excited to spend a few days at college before they and Lauren flew to some big college town in Colorado for the big game.

"And Josh's parents paid for everything?" April asked as she and Lauren waited for Josh, Everett, and the twins at a local bar and grill known for its burgers and fries.

Josh had promised Everett free dinner and beer for riding shotgun with him for half a day to meet with Josh's parents and his sisters at a half-way point.

Several large flat screen TVs tuned to different football games hung above the long bar and various corners of the casual restaurant. About half a dozen tables were filled with various groups of guys cheering, drinking beer, snacking on appetizers, and laughing at jokes and stories. A few families with young kids or teenagers and a handful of couples occupied the other laminated wood tables.

"Yeah," Lauren acknowledged, keeping an eye on her phone for messages. "The tickets to the game and the hotel rooms for the twins and Josh here and my own room in Colorado."

April raised an eyebrow, questioning the out-of-state hotel room, and Lauren shrugged nonchalantly.

"According to Josh, his parents didn't really spend that much booking three rooms at the hotel," Lauren explained, taking a sip from her beer bottle. "Apparently, they used a combination of points and other stuff to score a killer deal."

"And you believe him?"

Lauren scoffed and shook her head. "No, but I know better than to argue with him about this right now. And honestly, I'm actually OK with it."