c h a s e - t h e - n i g h t

After taking a gap year from college to find his passion, Everett feels more lost than ever as his good friends leave him behind for adventures of their own

After taking a gap year from college to find his passion, Everett feels more lost than ever as his good friends leave him behind for adventures of their own. As another school year ends, he hopes the summer will inspire him because Everett knows he doesn't want to be bartender for the rest of his life.

Aubrey desperately wishes Everett would realize what she's known for three long years: they're soulmates. Even though they've never been on a date, she knows him from running in the same social circles, hanging out at the bar where he works, and spending time in his bed.

When Sierra becomes engaged to her high school sweetheart, she wonders if the simple path she's been following is what she really wants. One year away from graduating and starting a new life, Sierra begins to question her own choices and her future.

Gemma starts her summer stress-free from school – if only for a few months – and the dramatic lives of her friends. Taking advantage of her newfound freedom, she accepts a part time job as a bartender and promises herself to be open to new adventures.

FROM CHESSA: I didn't plan to write a story about Everett until I started thinking how he must feel when his friends leave him behind and he doesn't know what to do with his life in general. Toss in a some new characters with their own issues and I have a solid premise for another book. Yay!

UPDATE 02.25.21: I was never 100 percent happy with the title STOLEN STARS, but I didn't think I needed to worry about changing the title because I was finishing SWEET SURRENDER and starting WANDERLUST. But as I continue to write about Tristan and April's road trip adventures, I started thinking about Everett's story and the title bugged me more and more. I don't know why, but I like to have a title in mind when I'm writing. Anyway, long story short, I changed the title to CHASE THE NIGHT, which I love soooooo much better.