𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘, it was quiet everywhere, but the living room

𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗡 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘, it was quiet everywhere, but the living room. The two younger brothers sat on the couch playing MarioCart, both of them antagonizing each other. Two sisters in the same room had their own conversation while also cheering on their guys. Once Jasper found his way past the finish line he laughed rubbing it into his brother, Emmet's face. Emmett stood up, throwing the game controller down with an extensive amount of force causing it to break.

"Dude, that's the 10th one you've broken. Don't be mad because you're a loser," Jasper teased his brother, chuckling along with the two girls in front of them, "No, I'm mad that you're a cheater." Emmett corrected, still angry about the game.

Alice and Rosalie furrowed their eyebrows remembering when Emmett had an "accidental twitch" that caused his arm to fly up and smack Jasper in the head.

"You cheated first!"

The boys continued going back and forth until the girls started getting sick of it. Alice went to interrupt when her sight was overtaken by a girl walking into a club, wearing a beautiful black dress, and a guy on her arm. Alice recognized the guy, but not the girl. As they got closer inside the club she saw them unlock their arms and intertwine their fingers.

She was pulled out and the boys and Rosalie surrounded her knowing she saw something. By the living room entrance stood the oldest sibling with his head down reliving what he saw in his sister's head.

He had never met her, but he knew her face. He knew who she was.

"What'd you see?" Jasper asked her rubbing her arm soothingly, and Alice dragged her eyes over to Edward and the rest of the vampires turned just noticing that he was standing behind them. Jasper felt the calming, yet scared feeling radiating off of Edward and grew even more confusing, "It's her, Edward." Alice mumbled feeling overjoyed for her brother.

Edward wished he could reciprocate that same feeling, but he couldn't. She was human, his only love was a human. It was forbidden, and impossible. How could he love her knowing he was a monster? How could he let such a fragile, soft human being fall in love with a monster like him?

"What are we talking about?" Emmett asked in a low whisper still clueless.

Jasper chuckled, having to have figured it out, "He found her. His m—," Edward shook his head and spoke up before Jasper could finish his sentence, "We let her be, she's just another human." He turned his back speeding out of the house and away from all of the talk about her. Although when he ran he couldn't get her face out of his head. He saw her soft features. The way she smiled even in a crowded area. The way she brushed her fingers across her long, brunette hair to move it from her face. It was 10 seconds of her, but it was 10 seconds he couldn't escape or forget. Those were his perfect 10 seconds. His perfect love, right there ready for him to come and make his own.

Rosalie ignored what Edward said and turned to Alice, "Who is she?" She was interested in the girl who's gonna steal her brother's heart. Alice wished she had a name, but she had nothing but her face, "I don't know, but she's pretty." Alice shrugged, walking over to the couch taking a seat crossing her legs. She leaned over moving things around on the coffee table looking for a pencil to draw her face, but she paused on a magazine tilting her head. She froze completely staring at the cover page in disbelief and shock, "No way." She whispered, grabbing the magazine to show her family. She turned around to face them with a bright smile holding the magazine up to her chest.

They looked at it shaking their heads.

"Yeah, that's the girl Rose goes all crazy over, what are we supposed t-," He figured it out and Rose shrieked her life's dream coming true right in front of her. There was no way this was happening, it couldn't be, "Please tell me you're lying." Jasper begged knowing Rose's screaming may never stop.

Emmett was still confused unlike the rest of them, "Yes, you should clarify what's happening for Jasper," Emmett tried to play like he wasn't clueless about the situation, "Yeah, for me." Jasper rolled his eyes, everyone already knowing Emmett couldn't put two and two together like everyone else.

"This is Edward's mate bozo!" Rosalie raised her arm towards the magazine insulting her husband. He made an O shape with his mouth now aware of what was happening. He looked at the magazine tilting his head slightly, "She's hot." He added, getting a glare from Rosalie, "I mean she looks like... it's probably hot... taking... filming.. she just looks like she's not..cold?" He stuttered under her gaze not knowing what to say anymore.

"Anyone hear the phone? It's probably Carlisle. I'll get it." He escaped his soon-to-be eternal damnation that would follow Rose's death stare, "Dumbass." She mumbled looking back at Alice.

"He's right." Jasper spoke up, getting the girls' attention, "She's human. It won't end well. He's doing the best thing for her and him." Jasper told them taking his exit and the sisters both looked down knowing that Jasper and Edward were right. That doesn't mean it's fair. This was the moment they've all wanted for their brother, but he couldn't have it unless he wanted both himself and her to die.

No human can know their secret.

It'd be wrong for him to lie to her, and sooner or later she'll start to wonder why he doesn't eat, why he doesn't go out into the sun, why he's ice-cold, why he doesn't age. It'd bring up too many questions that they couldn't answer. Not only would it endanger Edward and Elizabeth, but the entire family. They'd all have a death sentence they couldn't escape.

"What do we do? Ignore her?" Rose asked and Alice shrugged looking at the magazine, "It's Edward's decision." She placed it down leaving out the same way the two boys went.

It was Edward's choice. They just had to hope it was the right one, whatever that was.

 They just had to hope it was the right one, whatever that was