𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲

𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗬 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗦𝗟𝗢𝗪𝗟𝗬, I immediately shut them after getting a glimpse of the bright light

𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗬 𝗘𝗬𝗘𝗦 𝗦𝗟𝗢𝗪𝗟𝗬, I immediately shut them after getting a glimpse of the bright light. I blinked to try and get used to the light before I opened my eyes fully.

Hospital.

I hate them.

Needles are stuck in my arm, I'm being fed disgusting food, and doctors probing at me every five minutes.

"Elizabeth? Sweetheart?" My eyes adjusted to the figure of my mom. I groaned trying to move my body, don't do that again. "Hey."

I couldn't move at all right now. "Mom?" She smiled brightly and I swallowed, coughing at the dryness of my throat. "Where is he? Edward?"

Mom turned her head, pointing with his thumb. "He's asleep. He never leaves. And your dad and Bella are down at the cafeteria," she explained.

I nodded the memories of everything that happened, were still fuzzy. I remember Edward, pain, and blood. That's all I'm getting. "What happened?" I asked confused.

She sighed, heavily. "Well, when you fell and broke your leg you hit your head. And you lost a lot of blood." Fell? No mom I was jumped by a man with a biting fetish. "You don't remember any of this do you?" Because it didn't happen.

"Edward talked you into staying at a hotel for the night. You tripped going down the stairs. You fell down two flights of stairs. You went through a window." I wish. Anything is better than what actually happened.

I chuckled lightly. "I've been around Bella too long." She laughed with me before her phone dinged. I watched as she started tex - texting. My mom was texting. "It's Phil. He's worried about you."

I smiled proud of her. "You learned to text?" The last time I saw her she was barely adding a name to a contact. "Finally, yeah. I told him to stay down in Florida," she laid the phone down. "Ellie, you are going to love the penthouse Mike and I found in LA. It has an amazing window over the city, your own pool, and a hot tub. You'll love it."

What? I'm not going back to California. Why am I going back?

"What? Mom, no, I'm staying in Forks." I hate the heat and LA is only sunny. Although a hot tub does sound nice, Edward wouldn't be there with me. "I'm not going back."

Mom nodded with her lips together. "Okay. We'll talk about it," she settled. There's nothing to talk about. I'm staying. "Can you get dad? I need to see him...apologize." She nodded standing up.

"Okay, I'll be back." She left.

I gathered up all the strength I had to look at Edward. His eyes fluttered open from faking sleep.

"What happened? Where's James?" He stood up and came to the chair by the bed. "We took care of it. And the woman, Victoria, she ran off."

I nodded looking at him, "you saved me." I whispered. He shook his head, "you're in here because of me. The worst part of it was that I thought I wouldn't be able to stop."