FIRST GUESTS

Before starting the chapter, I'm requesting you that whoever is reading this novel till now, Please leave a comment on this chapter, Even a single letter like "A" or "B" is fine, i just want to know your usernames, So plz plz...waste your 10seconds to leave a comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEW MOMENTS EARLIER

In the dense, shadowed expanse of the demon realm's forest, a heavy silence hung in the air. Birds perched quietly on tree branches, and the river meandered through the underbrush with barely a whisper. This profound stillness, however, was abruptly shattered by the piercing screams of several people. They burst through the bushes, running as if their lives depended on it—because perhaps they did.

Leading the trio was a man in his mid-twenties, who looked rather ordinary but carried a certain air of rugged charm. His white hair and grey eyes stood out starkly against the forest's dark greens and browns, and a small beard dusted his jaw, giving him a slightly weathered look.

Close on his heels was a teenage girl, around seventeen years old. She had vibrant blonde hair styled into twin tails that bounced as she ran. Her green eyes scanned the surroundings alertly. Dressed in a mage's robe, her attire marked her clearly as a sorcerer. She possessed a beauty that was striking, almost radiant, suggesting a mix of youthful charm and a bold, adventurous spirit.

Bringing up the rear was a teenage boy, his pink hair and light pink eyes adding a touch of unusual color to the group. He wore sturdy leather armor typical of a knight, though his youthful features and slight frame made him appear almost out of place in such robust gear. Together, the three made a striking group, clearly unprepared for whatever had startled them in this hauntingly quiet forest.

The dude in his mid-twenties name was Vermillion, Blonde girl with twin-tails was Jenessa and the teenage boy with pink hair was kaelan.

Vermillion, Jenessa, and Kaelan were sprinting through the forest, their feet pounding the ground much faster than any normal human could manage. Despite their considerable abilities, they were clearly outmatched by whatever was chasing them, the urgency of their flight etched on their faces.

Amidst the frantic running, Jenessa couldn't hold back her frustration any longer. "It's all your fault, Vermillion! You should have warned us that these Hounds are monstrous!" Her voice was a mix of anger and disbelief, echoing loudly through the trees.

Vermillion, gasping for air but somehow still managing a grin, shot back without missing a beat, "Shut up! I'm the leader here. Even I didn't know the Hounds could grow that big. Just stick with me and we'll make it out."

But Jenessa wasn't having any of it. Her face contorted further with rage as she yelled back, "It's your fault for not doing your homework! If I die first, I swear I'll haunt you as a ghost, nagging you forever, you idiot!"

Their banter, mixed with bursts of adrenaline-fueled sprinting, added a touch of dark humor to their dire situation, as they dashed through the underbrush, with monstrous howls echoing behind them.

As they sprinted through the dense forest, Jenessa's angry words were almost drowned out by the sound of their frantic footsteps. Kaelan, on the other hand, stayed silent, his focus solely on escaping the terrifying threat behind them. Just when they thought their situation couldn't get worse, two monstrous figures emerged from either side of the path.

To their right, a hulking red hound emerged, its menacing presence unmistakable. It stood over ten feet tall, with thick, matted fur that seemed to swallow the dim forest light. Its eyes, glowing a fierce red, cut through the shadows like beacons. The ground shook under the weight of its massive paws, leaving deep imprints in the mud. The creature's teeth were sharp and glistening with drool, and every growl it emitted rumbled like thunder, deep and terrifying, sending shivers down their spines.