A Fire That Burns Everything And Anything

After Semiath guided them, Scarlett eventually made her way to the village entrance, where the welcoming banner fluttered. There, she found a charming scene unfolding that drew a bemused sigh from her. Jenessa was playfully squeezing the cheeks of a slightly bewildered Evadne, while Kaelan and Vermillion were affectionately patting Cryptus on the head.

Despite his initial bravado, pointing his sword when they first approached, Cryptus was just a child-barely two and a half years old. His instincts to act tough melted away under the gentle touches of the visitors. His small skeletal face broke into a delighted grin, unable to resist the enjoyment of being doted on.

Observing this light-hearted interaction between her villagers and the newcomers, Scarlett couldn't help but mutter to herself with a mix of amusement and slight exasperation, "There's no doubt about it, they're all idiots." Her words were soft, half-hearted really, as she shook her head, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth despite her words.

Scarlett stepped forward authoritatively, her voice cutting through the playful atmosphere like a sharp blade. "Stop... Stop... playtime is over."

Her commanding presence immediately changed the mood. Cryptus and Evadne quickly freed themselves from the playful grips of the visitors and bowed deeply to Scarlett in respect.

Jenessa, Vermillion, and Kaelan promptly lined up, facing her. The sight of Scarlett, with her seductive face and revealing attire, caught them off guard, prompting them to blush profusely. Scarlett noticed their reactions but chose to ignore it, Since it seeing this kind of expression is now a daily thing to her.

"I'm Scarlett Nova, the ruler of this village," she announced firmly. "Let's cut to the chase and tell me why you're here," she demanded, her tone leaving no room for detours.

It was immediately clear to the trio that Scarlett was no ordinary demon or monster. It was evident that monsters only followed the strong, and there was no doubt that she was the strongest in the village. The construction around them spoke of her intelligence and ambition, while her muscular physique and the blindfold-which would render a high-ranking magician completely blind-suggested her unparalleled strength. She wore it casually, as if it were a mere accessory, further impressing upon them her formidable capabilities.

Without hesitation, they shared their story. They revealed that they were B+ rank adventurers on a mission to hunt hounds but had not anticipated encountering ones as colossal and powerful as the twins they had fled from. The twin hounds, they explained, were two and a half times the size of ordinary hounds, with strengths unmatched by any of their kind. They concluded by recounting how they had barely managed to escape with their lives.

"Twin-hounds, huh?" Scarlett mused, her brow furrowing slightly as she recalled Elder Semiath mentioning something similar. Just as she was about to extend an invitation to the trio to stay in her village, a sudden commotion interrupted her thoughts.

A group of villagers, part of the hunting team, came sprinting toward her. Their faces were stricken with terror, and they struggled to maintain their balance as they ran. Despite their stumbling, their desperate urgency didn't let them stop. They finally reached Scarlett, panting heavily, gasping for breath as they tried to deliver their urgent message.

"Hiff... huff... Scarlett-sama... Scarlett-sama," one of the hunters stammered, his voice shaky with fear, "the... the hounds, they are only about 2-3 hundred meters away from the village!"

The fear from the hunter's voice was contagious, and it quickly reflected on the faces of Jenessa, Vermillion, and Kaelan. Scarlett noted the terror in their eyes and immediately understood the gravity of the situation: these adventurers hadn't truly escaped the hounds; they had only managed a temporary reprieve.