Chapter 12

25th December 2020

It was Christmas day today ! The Agarwal's christmas celebration has started !!! Aarthi was more than excited to serve her christmas cake to everyone , along with her cake she had arranged some wine for the family.

Aarthi took special effort and dressed herself into her long red dress and wore her christmas hat. By the time she bought her cake to the table the rest of the family had arrived in their christmassy attire. "Merry Christmas !!" everyone greeted each other. Siddarth was wearing his red shirt and black pants which Aarthi found to be extremely cute ...
Siddarth had an suspicious grin throughout but Aarthi didn't understand the reason behind it.

Soon grandpa cut the cake whilst everyone else clapped. After cutting the cake Aarthi served the cake to everyone. Ananya's face turned red as soon as soon as she ate the first piece, soon grandpa and grandma ate it. From their facial expressions it became obvious that something wasn't right. "How is it ?" Aarthi asked Siddarth's grandparents and Ananya nervously. They didn't want to hurt Aarthi's feelings so they lied to her and said "it's good Aarthi, you've done a great job."

Siddarth didn't obviously expect them to react in this way, so he ate the next slice and immediately spat it out to create drama. "Aarthi what is this ? Is this a salt cake or what ? If you don't know how to bake a cake then don't do it for goodness sake ! no one asked you to do it here."

Aarthi has never felt more humilated . Aarthi then tried the cake herself, Siddarth was correct the cake was very salty ! She had put so much effort and dedication to make this cake .....

Tears started welling up in her eyes ....

"I didn't put all the salt in this grandpa." Aarthi told grandpa feeling helpless and sad.

Grandma butted in to comfort Aarthi "Beta it's fine, accidents can happen to anyone."

"They don't trust me" Aarthi thought. 

Aarthi felt very upset that even words weren't enough to express it. Throughout the christmas meal Aarthi remained quite even though everyone else tried to cheer her up, her heart told her Siddarth did it but she wasn't sure ...

Siddarth kept on glancing Aarthi's way and felt very bad seeing Aarthi's face. He thought she'd take it as joke and not be this hurt.

After the Christmas meal Aarthi went to her room Aarthi dropped herself onto the bed and cried. When Siddarth entered the bedroom Aarthi was crying laying on the bed. He felt bad ...
Siddarth didn't think it will hurt Aarthi's feelings this much. Somewhere in his heart even he felt bad and decided to apologise Aarthi for what he did as he didn't want to carry the baggage of guilt.

Slowly he walked up to her and knelt down next to the bed. Aarthi looked at him strangely.

"Aarthi I know your really upset with what happened today. Actually it was me who did it ...." Siddarth said. Aarthi widened her eyes hearing it.

She sat up on her bed and screamed "I knew it !!! I knew it !!!" And started hitting him with a pillow.

"Aarthi stop screaming." Siddarth told her.

"Why should I stop screaming ? You know what I am going to do ? I am going to tell grandma she will give you the appropriate punishment." After saying that Aarthi got up to leave but just in time Siddarth caught her hands. "Aarthi please don't tell anyone, I swear I won't repeat it again." Siddarth was a bold, fierce man in the society but in front of his grandma he was a kitten he was scared of her more than anyone.

"No Siddarth no allowance for you ! You will pay for what you did." Aarthi said.

"No I will not Aarthi !" Siddarth said with dominance and power. Immediately he pinned her to the wall making her very uncomfortable and nervous. Aarthi's heart started beating very fast ... he was indeed creating a effect on her.... 

"Siddarth leave me ! What are you doing ?" Aarthi protested but Siddarth did not speak one word. He remained quite and stared onto her eyes intently.

"Your making me uncomf....." before Aarthi could finish her sentence Siddarth slammed his lips onto Aarthi's. Aarthi felt numb and mentally tormented herself for being this weak but no matter how hard she tried she was not able to leave from his grip. Aarthi didn't respond to the kiss, helplessly she stood their allowing him to do what he was doing.

Finally Siddarth stopped and stared at her swollen lips. "Go and tell grandma now " he whispered in her ears. Tears again started welling up in Aarthi"s eyes, she couldnt believe he took advantage of her vunerable state, immediately without thinking she gave a tight slap on Siddarth's cheeks and said "how dare you touch me" and then went to the balcony to cry.

Siddarth definitely regretted what he did the next second, he failed to control himself. For the first time in life Siddarth felt ashamed of himself for taking advantage of her. What was the difference between him and Naina now ?

Meanwhile, Aarthi was crying sitting in the balcony. She felt very sad thinking how Siddarth made her cake salty and then what he did in bedroom few minutes ago. Does he not understand what consent is ?
But whilst she was thinking all this she felt bad for slapping him. Even though what he did wasn't acceptable in Aarthi's eyes she didn't have the right to slap him. After thinking for a while Aarthi decided to apologise to Siddarth for the slap.

..................................................................

So here is the next chapter ....

Hope you all liked it ....

Opinion on this chapter ?

Did Siddarth deserve the slap ? Or did Aarthi go bit over the top ?

What may happen in the next chapter ?