Chapter 19

Siddharth was shocked and ever so upset hearing Aarthi's statement.

Did she ask me for a divorce?

"Aarthi if you really want to we can proceed and speed up the divorce procedures," Siddharth said trembling.

"Naina is a poor soul Sidharth after our divorce please don't leave her... " Aarthi advised Sidharth. "You don't need to worry about that Aarthi, please mind your own business," Siddharth said coldly making Aarthi feel humiliated.

The next few days passed in a blur, for a fact, Aarthi very well knew that Sidharth will come with the divorce papers anytime soon. Aarthi finally came into terms with herself that she has feelings for Sidharth, she's in a dilemma now, she doesn't know if Siddharth has the same feelings towards her also she has drilled into her head that Rohan is in this situation only because of her.

Aarthi was feeling overwhelmed and stressed thinking about everything therefore she decided to go to the beach and sit there for some time, hoping the atmosphere over there will cool her heart and soul down. After getting dressed Aarthi went to the beach next to their house. The sound of the waves somehow relaxed her mind. Her thoughts were broken when someone came and sat next to her, Aarthi looked at the person who broke her trance, it was Rohan.

"Hey, Aarthi you okay?" Rohan asked Aarthi. Aarthi was taken back for a second seeing Rohan all of a sudden, "yes I'm fine. How about you? And how come you are here now ?" Aarthi asked Sidharth to keep the conversation flowing.

"I'm ok, I normally come here to relax, for some reason the atmosphere puts my heart to peace," Rohan said.

"That's nice, did you not bring your daughter with you?" Aarthi asked Rohan.

"No, she's with my parents now," Siddharth said. "Oh right, Aarthi replied."

"Do you remember the times we have to spend together Aarthi? we've come together a lot of times to the beach, those times were soo beautiful" Rohan said

"Hmm" Aarthi replied feeling very uncomfortable.

"Rohan, can I ask you something?" Aarthi asked Rohan

"Yuktha's obviously moved on, can't you move on too? At least for your baby..." Aarthi asked Rohan. As soon as he heard those words from Aarthi's mouth his face crumbled up and immediately sadness overtook.
"I don't know Aarthi, nothings seems right after you've left my life," Rohan said.

"You have to move on Rohan, I'm someone else's wife now. It may seem unreal but it's the harsh reality, your relationship with Yuktha failed only because you're being too stubborn to move on after me. Just like how I have moved on you have to move on as well Rohan." Aarthi told him more like a scold.

"Aarthi have you really moved on? If you have this quickly then maybe I loved you in a bit more in depth" Rohan told  Aarthi.

"Yes, why'd you ask?" Aarthi asked Rohan referring to when he asked if she has really moved on. "Well, I was going to see you anyway. Basically the other day I and Siddharth had a conversation, he confessed that after we saw that day for the wedding reception you were devasted and couldn't stop crying. Therefore, he asked to reconcile our relationship again as you and Sidharth are going to divorce apparently. So, Aarthi if meeting me after that created such an impact in you then doesn't it mean you still have feelings for me? Aarthi I'm the same Rohan I haven't changed one bit, the only difference now is that I've got a child. Is that what's drawing you back Aarthi?" Everything Rohan said came across as a slap to Aarthi, she couldn't believe what Sidharth has done.

Feeling very angry Aarthi stood up from the ground, tears were escaping from her eyes. She was finding it hard to digest what Sidharth had done.

"Rohan please don't ever come up to me again to reconcile our past relationship, for me that's in the past. I cannot imagine a life with you again, please deal with it. I agree I married Sidharth under the basis of a contract and so many agreements but I fu***** love him, Rohan! If I'm living with anyone in my life anymore then that's Sidharth. You'll never take that place!!" Aarthi blurted out rudely without a second thought, even though she said it accidentally what Aarthi said about Sidharth came from her heart. Rohan was very shocked and very upset from what came from Aarthi's mouth, he didn't expect it at all. Aarthi had changed a lot, his old Aarthi was a soft-spoken girl who would never dare to speak to anyone like the way she did. Rohan was deeply hurt, he felt foolish for failing to get over Aarthi. "Sorry," Sidharth said bluntly and walked away wiping away the tear which escaped from his eyes without his permission.

Aarthi broke down in tears, she didn't know what the hell she was doing with her life. Aarthi felt extremely bad for being so rude to Rohan, after all, what right does she have to scream at poor Rohan afterall she was the one who led Rohan to this condition.

Was my love towards Rohan fake? If it was not fake then how come I'm being this insensitive? A lot of thoughts like that crossed Aarthi's mind.

Meanwhile, the Agarwal's we're getting really anxious as Aarthi has not reached home yet, and the time is 10:30 pm, she is normally never this late. If she ever gets late she will either call them or leave a text. Anu kept on calling on Aarthi's phone but Aarthi wasn't responding to her calls or text. Finally, Sidharth lost his patients so he decided to go out and search for himself. Just as he stepped his foot outside Aarthi walked into the house drenched in rain. "Beta what is this? " grandma asked Aarthi seeing her condition, however, Aarthi did not say one word. Without saying a word Aarthi walked upstairs avoiding eye contact with everyone other than Sidharth, she shot a death glare at Sidharth....

Seeing her attitude made Sidharth lose his patience and cool. His blood was boiling now. Therefore, he followed Aarthi, locked the door after he reached his room he began screaming "what the hell do you think you're doing Aarthi? What explanation do you want to give me for your attitude today?"

Aarthi once again shot a death glare at him and said "let me ask you one thing before you crucify me. Who the hell are you to try link me and Rohan up once again? When I asked you to never leave Naina you got annoyed! In the same way, I have the right to get annoyed as well.  Stop sticking your nose into my business Sidharth."

I love you Aarthi that's why I got annoyed when you mentioned Naina... Siddharth thought in his head.

This came across as something unexpected to Siddharth "well Aarthi I only did it because you were devasted that day. I thought you still loved him."

"I can never forget Rohan in my life, he was the one who taught me what love is. Of course, he will have a special place in my heart as he was my first love but Siddharth that doesn't mean I still love him, he is my past, and will always remain in my past." Aarthi said. It was such a relief to Sidharth to know that Aarthi has no feelings for Rohan.

Siddharth had no more reasons to justify his actions now. "I'm sorry Aarthi" these were the only words Sidharth managed to say.

"There's no point in apologising Siddharth afterall the damage is done," Aarthi said and walked away from Siddharth.

Aarthi wanted to confess that she loves Siddharth before it gets too late but she was struggling to bring her words out..... 

................................................

Will Aarthi confess her love to Sidharth?

Aarthi was a bit rude to Rohan today right?

Poor Rohan right? He doesn't really deserve any of this....

Who might be paired with who do you think?

What might happen in the next chapter?

Please support and encourage me if you like this story as it motivates and encourages me a lot to continue writing..... ❤

Will back soon with another chapter...