Chapter 7

Siddarth's Pov

After a lot of convincing Aarthi finally agreed to this marriage, I gave her family many offers because I urgently wanted a bride for my sisters sake. Taking good advantage of her weak financial background I finally managed to make her my wife, obviously with so many terms and conditions.

When I told Ananya about Aarthi she was extremely happy, however, I didn't want to tell my sister that in a way I am pressuring Aarthi to this marriage because she would never allow it. I told Ananya that we've been dating for a while and wants to get married now, she did complain for not telling her about it before but somehow I managed to calm her down. In the same way, I tried my best to make this marriage simple but Ananya being Ananya didn't allow it, she made it grant as possible in the very short period of time she had. It is obviously going to be devastating for Ananya when she understands that me and Aarthi is doing this only for her.

Soon in a blink of an eye our wedding day arrived, I must admit that Aarthi looked very different in her wedding attire and was indeed a feast for the eyes as her already beautiful features stood out more. The rituals were the hardest part to get through, it was like never ending, one followed after another. Even if I'm saying this, I have to admit that I felt different after each rituals. The feeling is very hard to express to words but something about each moment of our wedding was magical.

After the wedding rituals when I was introducing Aarthi to many of the guests I noticed grandma asking Aarthi to come with her and talking about something which obviously made Aarthi nervous as it was clearly evident in her face. I guessed it to be about that stupid custom practiced by our family and mentally noted to talk about that to her when we reach home.

When I entered my room after all those rituals, the first thing I saw was Aatthi falling onto the ground in her heavy lehenga and jewellery. I did feel sorry for her but instead of showing my sympathy I scolded her then helped her to stand up. Aarthi is not a soft spoken girl like I thought she was, she is high in ego and knows very well on how to react to certain situations. It is going to be tough  living with Aarthi ...

Aarthi then asked me about what grandma had told her, I jokingly asked her if she wants to do it tonight but she was beyond shocked hearing my what I said. I then clarified to Aarthi that its just a daft rule and we don't have to follow it. In between I gave her our agreement and explained to her very well of our terms and conditions and then asked her to take the bed, I took the couch knowing very well that it is going to be uncomfortable.

Aarthi's POV

My alarm starting ringing at 7am, I woke up due to the annoying sound of it. It was quite loud I wonder why Mr  Agarwal hasn't woken up hearing such a loud noise. It was my first day in this house therefore I woke up immediately and went to do my morning chores and then dressed myself in a red saree, my nuptial chain, chura bangles, sindoor and mehendi completed my bridal look. Once I was satisfied with my look, I glanced at Siddarth's direction. He had ready woken up and was rubbing his eyes still laying on the couch. Siddarth legs were poking out of the couch and he looked extremely uncomfortable laying there.

"Good morning Siddarth" I said

"Morning Aarthi" he replied back.

"We have some rituals in the morning Siddarth, please get ready quickly" I said but as I was leaving Siddarth asked me to stop. "Aarthi can I tell you something".

I nodded and waited for him to speak. "My grandparents are traditional people and blinded by religions and so many customs. They are the ones who raised me and Ananya after our parents died, I don't want to hurt them in any shape or form. My grandmother is a very straightforward, so she may ask you if we have consummated our marriage directly. If so please say yes as I don't want to create a scene or drama due to it."

Honestly it didn't seem right to me but I promised Siddarth that I'll tell grandma that we have consummated our marriage as it is best not to hurt old people's sentiments. Then I went downstairs to meet everyone else in the family.

Ananya and grandma were making the puja arrangements whilst grandpa was reading the newspaper. I greeted everyone and apologised for coming down late, they told me not to apologise. They were all so sweet to me about it.

Grandma -" Beta I couldn't speak to you properly as this marriage happened in a rush. None of us expected Siddarth to fall in love with a girl, he's a reserved type and whenever we mention the topic of marriage Siddarth usually avoids it, however, one day Ananya threatened him about marriage that's when we understood he's not innocent as he seemed like. But we are happy dear, your perfect for Siddarth, my prayer is to keep you and Siddarth happy and for you both to be able to lead a peaceful life."

I felt bad thinking about these people because me and Siddarth are just making them fools by pretending love. Soon Siddarth came down dressed in a suit looking more than hot (er why am thinking like this of him for goodness sake !!!) However , his dress was definitely not appropriate for a puja .... I smirked seeing his outfit, seeing me smirk Siddarth gave me a 'what you looking at expression' . Grandapa told Siddarth of seeing his outfit and asked him to go and get changed, but Siddarth wasn't able to identify anything wrong with the outfit.

Ananya started laughing, seeing her laugh made me laugh too. It was evident from Siddarth's face that he was frustrated. Eventually Siddarth went upstairs and changed into something more traditional and appropriate for a puja. After the puja grandpa and grandma blessed us and wished us a happy life together and grandma said "Beta we very we know both of you are going to be united happily till the end as your mehendi is very colourful and bright and both your horoscopes shows that you two are perfect match for each other."

Somehow those words of grandma made me very happy and hopeful for the future .....

..................................................................

Hopw you all liked this chapter even though it wasn't really long...

Do you all want more pictures included in the chapters to make it easier to visualise ?

Will Aarthi and Siddarth fall in love or will they not

I didn't proof read today so ignore any mistakes..

Let me know what you think of this chapter!! As it motivates a lot ...

Thanks to all those who suggested people for the cast, I'll let you all know soon who my cast is. But feel free to imagine anyone you like as the cast.

Will come back soon with another chapter...

My Soulmate? (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें