Chapter 6

Aarthi's POV

No he won't force me into it ...

I'm not ready

This marriage is not for that kinda relationship !

But it's the family rule ? What if he forces me ?

I can't trust him !

So many thoughts like that crossed my mind on our journey from the wedding venue to Siddarth's house. What grandma told me was echoing in my mind. I was excessively sweating thinking about it. Noticing my uncomfortness Siddarth asked me if I'm ok. I just nodded. I wanted to tell him what my original problem was but i was unsure in what way he will take it.

I was engrossed in my thoughts when we reached Siddarth's house. It wasn't a extraordinary house or anything, infact it was a simple house but a bit bigger than a typical house. It was fully decorated today with lights and a wide range of flowers making the house look more beautiful. Siddarth held the door out for me and I slowly got out of the car. Siddarth then gestured me  towards the house for the grihapravesh rituals. Shortly the grihapravesh rituals came to an end.

It was quite late now, I was extremely tired as well. Understanding my situation grandma and Ananya directed me to Siddarth's room and asked me to get changed into something comfortable.

Siddarth's room was quite big with few self portraits of him which I found to be funny. Other than that the room was painted in white color with some green plants. Slowly I opened my suitcase and took out a simple blue kurta top with palazzo pants. Suddenly Siddarth entered the room, I was still sat on the after selecting the clothes, I tried to quickly stand up seeing Siddarth but immediately tripped on my long lehenga skirt and feel back onto the floor.

This was the last thing I wanted ...

My body was aching terribly from the fall and the lehenga and heavy jewellery was not allowing me to move.  How embarrassing is it right for an incident like this to happen on your wedding night ?

I slowly looked around to see where Siddarth was, he was stood behind me. He was frowning at me and said "maybe you should have been more careful right ? "

"I didn't do it intentionally Siddarth !" I blurted out because rather than helping me stand up he was talking nonsense.

"Instead of talking nonsense and standing there like a statue can you help me  stand up from this position !" I screamed, seeing him stand  there with folded hands made me angry for some reason.

Siddarth gently knelt down and placed his one hand around my waist and other on my shoulder and lifted me.  I was red like a tomato by the time he had finished helping me.

"Normally people use their basic manners and thank others who had helped them" Siddarth mocked me as he looked away.

"Thanks" I quietly said and picked up my clothes to go and change without glancing at him. But I had forgotten to remove my jewellery and veil therefore I walked upto the dressing area and slowly removed the heavy jewellery, what a relief I thought in my head. However, I then realised I have to undo my hair filled with at least thousand pins. I started working through one side but I was unsuccessful as one kept on tangling my hair and making more of a mess from it. Noticing my struggle Siddarth strated helping me without my consent, however i I didn't object because what he was doing now was helpful. After a good 5 minutes Siddarth finally finished. "Thank God nothing happened to your head or scalp from wearing all those pins. If wearing so pins at once is your daily habit then I'm warning you that I won't always remove it for you like this.

What the hell is wrong with him ?

"Thanks for your help but don't worry this won't be regular thing as I don't have the time and effort stick soo many pins into my head and walk around in hairstyles like this. Even if I do your not expected it remove it from my hair . I said trying my maximum to mock him and then rushed to the washroom. Once I had came out of the washroom I noticed Siddarth reading some papers. Noticing me Siddarth picked up the papers and handed them over to me.

"These are our terms and conditions" have a read through and sign it below. I looked through it and signed it. There wasn't anything new, it was everything he had told me but nothing about physical contact was mentioned in it.

I decided to ask him about about what grandma told me and clarify my doubts. "Siddarth can I ask you something?" I asked him hesitantly.

"Hmm" Siddarth said barely paying any attention.

"Grandma told me of some kind of family rule practiced every wedding night". I said gaining courage.

Without giving me time to complete what I was saying Siddarth started to stupidly laugh  "Ahaha, why do you want to 'practice' it today ? If you really want to then let's go ahead." He teased  me.

Why is this idiot laughing like this ? This person is really not who I thought he was, something is wrong with him ..... I mentally thought in my head. To increase my embarrassment my face turned red like a tomato.

"That's not what I mean Siddarth for goodness sake !!" I told Siddarth annoyed putting my hands on my hips.

"Ahaha I'm just kidding Aarthi. I'm not daft to follow those ancient rules, elders will say all sorts we don't always have to listen to them. Also, don't forgot this marriage's temporary, I have no intention to make physical contact with someone I don't LOVE.
I have assigned few tasks for you to do, once you have completed those tasks we can split and go two ways. Also, one thing I want to warn you is that don't get any odd ideas into your head or don't expect anything from this marriage because it'll only hurt you." Siddarth explained to me, but nothing he said hurted me because I can't expect anything else from a weird person like him.

"If you have finished your lecture can I sleep ? I'm tired as hell for goodness sake" I said trying to change the topic due to the awkwardness.

"Feel free to take the bed, I'll take the couch over there unless you want to share the bed" Siddarth said

"No way I'm sharing the bed with you " I said not regretting.

Siddarth sighed and went to the washroom to change as he was still in his wedding attire. I settled myself on the double bed after a long, tiring day. Even though I was very tired I was not able to fall asleep. Some later Siddarth came out of the washroom wearing some casuals, opened up his laptop and started working.

Is he not tired after the long day ? Weirdo ... I thought.

"If your done staring then can you look away, your honestly putting me of" Siddarth told me me making me feel even more embarrassed. I've been embarrassed so many times today in front of him !! Taking a deep breath I turned around from his direction and tried to sleep but still i wasn't able to.

"Can i turn the lights of ? I can't sleep without darkness !!" I told him but he didn't look as if he was listening. I echoed the same things this time a bit more loudly.

"No can't you see I'm working. I'll turn it of in 30 minutes." Siddarth said, not having the energy to argue with him I remained quite but managed to put up an annoyed expression. He just sighed and carried on with his work. Soon without me realising sleep took over me.

..................................................................

Any suggestions for the cast ? Your suggestions will be highly valued...

Siddarth is annoying right ?

What's all your opinion of this chapter ?

Opinion  on Aarthi ?

Please ignore any grammatical issues ...

Thank you for reading once again ! Please do continue supporting me by voting and leaving a comment ! I want to also thank every single one of you who has given my third story a chance and letting me know how it is constantly after every chapter!!!  ❤❤