chapter 16

Not Edited

"Siddarth!!!!!! What the hell!!" Aarthi screamed.

"What happened?" Grandpa asked Aarthi. "Look what he did grandpa!!" Aarthi replied pointing at her wet area.

"What is this Siddarth? Why are you becoming this childish?" grandpa asked Siddarth shooking his head in disappointment. "It's not me grandpa, Aarthi's elbow hit my coke can, I wasn't holding it tightly as well. Aarthi's overacting" Siddarth replied frowning. "No I'm not, he did it purposely grandpa," Aarthi replied.

"Aarthi just accept it that you're careless!!" Siddarth said grinning. This triggered Aarthi so much, so she picked up the cushion and started bashing his head with it. Siddarth tried to move away but Aarthi ran behind him and kept hitting him with the cushion.

"Aarthi and Siddarth!!! Can you two stop? Stop acting like two brats. Aarthi you go and change and Sid go and sit over there." Grandma screamed at both of them. Aarthi muttered something under her breath and went to change whilst Siddarth went back to the sofa secretly grinning. Siddharth was obviously enjoying these little acts. Somehow seeing Aarthi angry amused him.

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Siddharth and Aarthi we're going to Siddarth's friend's wedding reception today. Siddharth had come back a bit early today from work, grandma, grandpa and Ananya have gone to the temple for their offerings. After quickly taking a shower Aarthi took her favourite pink saree out of her cupboard and decided to wear it for the reception. "Can you stand outside, I need to change," Aarthi told Siddarth. "Aarthi can you wear this today," Siddarth asked Aarthi and gave a carrier bag to Aarthi, Aarthi looked at the carrier bag questionably.

Aarthi slowly opened the bag and saw a designer saree inside the Carrier bag. "Did you buy this especially for me?" Aarthi asked Siddarth. "Yes," Siddarth replied, without realising Aarthi's lips curled up into a smile." thank you for its beautiful saree. I'll wear it today." To which Siddarth smiled and felt content in his best.

"Can you get out of the room tho?" Aarthi asked. This time Siddarth didn't protest, he left without saying anything.
Today Siddarth felt extremely happy because Aarthi accepted to wear the saree he bought for her, he is still questioning himself in why he bought the saree for her...

Soon Aarthi came out all dressed looking very graceful and elegant in the saree, Siddarth noticed that she had curled the ends of her hair looking even more pretty. Soon Siddarth changed into his shirt and pants. Just as they were going leave Sid asked Aarthi to stop so they can click a picture together, Aarthi frowned in surprise but she secretly didn't mind if she was enjoying his lovely gestures today.

Aarthi thought Siddharth looked handsome as well today in his suit. His beard was definitely complimenting his looks. Siddharth gently placed his hands on Aarthi's shoulders, she didn't protest it whilst taking the pic. She experienced a very different sensation when he did it.
Definitely, their equation was changing....

After...ing the selfie, they finally set off and reached the destination on around 20 minutes. The place looked breathtaking mainly due to the decorations.

Soon they went in, straightway they went up to the couple and congratulated them. After talking for some time and taking pictures with the couple Aarthi and Siddarth got out from the stage and started talking to other friends of Siddarth. Aarthi didn't know many people there but she was soon introduced to many of Sid's friends and their wives. Somehow Siddharth felt very proud today to Introduce Aarthi as his wife unlike in the past. Sid was, of course, enjoying Aarthi's presence today.

As Aarthi didn't want to continually tag along with Sid she decided to stay with few ladies Siddarth had introduced her who seemed nice. The conversation sort of bored Aarthi but she still engaged in conversations with them and tried to contribute something from her side as well.