Chapter 5 (The Wedding)

Before Aarthi could think the wedding day approached, she is now sitting on her bed staring at her very expensive red lehenga and jewellery.

Aarthi's POV

Yesterday Ananya and Siddarth visited our house to gift me the wedding  lehenga and jewellery (according to their family customs the grooms family chooses the bridal attire and gifts it to the bride a day before the wedding). Ananya was ever so excited to welcome me into their family, little does she know that this isn't permanent. In the same way Radika is ever so excited for the marriage as well, Radika has invited almost all her friends. I tried my best to convince Siddarth to not make this marriage very grant or a big deal, he agreed to it as well but Ananya did not listen to Siddarth, she had invited so many people in the very little time. So Siddarth is not to blame.

I've got two close friends who were in the same nursing school as me, they are called Anjali and Meera. I have invited them but due to short notice I don't they will be able to make it to the wedding.

Soon Radika entered my room with the makeup artist arranged my Siddarth's family. After approximately 2 hours, it was finally finished. I looked at myself in the mirror, even though my attire was very simple I looked very different with the makeup and the unique  hairstyle. As a little child i had always dreamt of seeing myself in a wedding attire and adoring it but today I'm not getting any feeling as such. Why should I be happy anyway ? This isn't permanent.

Soon Radika arrived all draped in a beautiful pink saree. Radhika ran up to me and hugged me after seeing me in my wedding attire. "Your looking beautiful Aarthi" Radika complimented me.

"Thank you baby so are you !" I complimented her back. Radika was such a loving soul, she loved me to bits and has always seen me as her own sister. Radika is one person who I'll miss a lot. Then Aunty followed into my room, I agree she is a bit money minded but she is such a pure soul, no one else came forward after my parents death to take my responsibility, only she did even when she was a widow with already enough in her plate. Sharada Aunty looked after me very well and send me to study nursing. This is at the least I can do for her and her daughter.

"Aarthi darling your looking gorgeous ! Your parents would've been the happiest to see you in this attire Aarthi" Sharada aunty said hugging me. When she said that I remembered my parents and mentally seeked their blessings.

"Thank you Aunty. I will miss you a lot" Aarthi said hugging her Aunty back. Then I continued my saying "Thank you Aunty for everything you've done for me, I will forever be grateful to you".

"Heyy Aarthi, your just like my Radika. And Aarthi I'm sorry if you've felt as I have pressured you into this marriage but it's for the benefit of all of us Aarathi". Sharada aunty explained to me wiping away her tears.

"Aunty I can understand ! Don't stress about it" I said trying to comfort her.

Soon the wedding photographer arrived and started clicking so many pictures of us. I'm already tired of taking all these pictures, wonder how I'm going to cope the actual wedding especially with all the rituals. Soon in the car sent by Siddarth me, Radika and Sharda aunty went to the venue where the wedding was going to take place. Even though everyone was informed about it under a very short notice so many people had arrived especially a lot of high profile parties. This made made me extra nervous as I  don't have any experience being around this many people.

Slowly I was helped to get out of the BMW and was directed to the venue. The stage was decorated with so many marigold and other types of flowers. It looked stunning, even though it was all done in a short span of time the arrangements were something to be appreciated of but again in my mind I was asking myself why a grant wedding for a temporary marriage ?