Chapter 8

Aarthi's POV

Few days had passed after our wedding, because I didn't have much leave I had to return back to work.

The few days passed in a blur with the hospital formalities regarding Anu's stem cell transplantation, she is currently undergoing some general health checks and x-rays to make sure she is healthy and to avoid any complications for the transplantation.

When I woke up this morning Siddarth was still fast asleep in his couch. After doing my morning chores I dressed myself into my uniform and tied my hair into a low bun. After my packing my things, I decided to leave without Informing Siddarth as didn't want to disturb him, instead I wrote a little note and placed it the bedside table.

Anu had already woken up and was doing something in the kitchen when I went downstairs.

"Anu I'm leaving dear" I said

"Oh Bhabhi are you leaving ? Wait a sec I'll pack your lunch." Anu kindly said which I refused politely as I didn't want to bother her but she would not let me leave without lunch. As the day's pass the bond between me and Ananya is growing, she is just so sweet and just like my own sister.

Everyone congratulated me when I started my shift, I gave everyone a small treat as I couldn't invite many of them to my wedding. A lot of colleagues asked me why I'm still working as my husband is rich enough to provide for myself. I had to literally give them a lecture of financial independence and freedom, I know it's pointless because they'll just repeat similar questions again. Soon the 10 hour shift came to an end. Time was 8PM now.

As I was leaving the hospital I noticed a familiar face, it no one other than Siddarth. One side of his shirt was soaked in blood, he had some marks on his forehead as well. Siddarth's friend Ashok was supporting Siddarth to walk properly. Seeing Siddarth in that state panicked me , so I immediately ran up to them and asked them what happened, accidentally I held on to Siddarth's other arm which wasn't injured, feeling very anxious and upset ...

Siddarth and Ashok looked at me with an odd expression. Ashok said
"Siddarth met with a small accident, there's nothing to worry Aarthi. He's fine." Those words gave me some relief ...

I know Siddarth is hurt but there is nothing wrong in giving me some attention right ? Or acknowledging me ? Siddarth is acting as if I don't exist.

Soon I directed Siddarth and Ashok to the accident and emergency ward and allowed the doctor to check up on Siddarth. After half an hour Siddarth came out with some stitches on his arm which as then wrapped with bandages. It was very evident from his face that he was in pain, but Siddarth being Siddarth didn't admit that he was in pain as it would affect his stupid pride.

"He is fine Aarthi. After a one week we should be able to remove his stitches. I have prescribed some medications along with the bill, you can buy the medicines from the pharmacy. If there's any other issues I'm sure you'll be able to help him as your a nurse". The doctor said that's when my breathing came back to normal.

"Aarathi I don't think it is safe yet to let Siddarth drive, so you want me to drop you two ?" Ashok asked me after we bought the medications from the pharmacy.

"Its fine Ashok I can drive" Siddarth butted in.

"No your not driving today Siddarth. Come I will drop you two." Ashok said

"Actually Ashok it is fine I will drive." I said

"You can drive ?" Siddarth asked me with a surprised expression.

"Yes I've learned it few years ago" I said

"Oh that's great then, see you two soon" Ashok said and left from the spot.