Chapter 13

I had accidentally published this chapter earlier on, because it was unfinished I unpublished it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Siddarth was sitting on his bed thinking of what just happened a while ago. His thoughts got disrupted by the noise of some anklets. Siddarth glanced onto Aarthi's direction and looked away not having the courage to face her. As she approached him both Aarthi's and Siddarth's heart was beating very fast. "I'm sorry" both said at the same time.

"Aarthi I can understand that it was very cheap of me to put salt in your cake. I very well know that I went below my standards sorry. And also I am apologising again for crossing my limits, afterall out marriage is just an contract. I won't repeat it again Aarthi." Siddarth said referring to the intimate moment they recently had.

"Thanks for apologising
Siddarth. I'm sorry for slapping you too, it wasn't intentional." Aarthi said

"There's no need for you to apologise Aarthi I can understand." Siddarth said.

Soon as a punishment for himself Siddarth told grandpa, grandma and Ananya the truth and apologised. Just like Siddarth had expected the three of them scolded him and grandma told him to eat rest of the salty cake in one go. Siddarth's face turned red as an apple, in his office he controls everyone and at home he has no power. Grandma then brought the cake and told Siddarth to start eating the cake. Helplessly Siddarth started eating the cake, Aarthi giggled seeing Siddarth eat the cake but at the same time felt sorry for him.

"Hope your okay !!" Aarthi said once Siddarth had finished eating the cake. "Its honestly not fun Aarthi believe me !!"

x x x x x x x x x x x

The sun shown brightly early in the morning disrupting Aarthi's sleep. Since the other day they have been sleeping together but keeping as much distance as possible. Slowly she got up from the bed, stretched and went to do her morning chores. It was her day of today so there wasn't any rush, Siddarth was still  sleeping.

After completing her morning chores Aarthi went downstairs, as she was helping grandma cook breakfast Aarthi heard the door bell ringing. Grandma gestured Aarthi to go and answer it, when Aarthi opened the door she saw Naina at the door. Aarthi's face shined with happiness seeing her friend ....

Aarthi - "Hey Naina"

Naina- "Hii Aarthi. I'm free today so I thought to spend it with you. Hope you don't mind Aarthi."

Aarthi - "of course I don't mind Naina, come in we were just going to have breakfast."

Naina - "Oh cool"

However, Anu's expression changed seeing Naina. As well as Anu's grandpa's and grandma's expressions changed. They awkwardly greeted each other. Of course Aarthi did notice this but she didn't express her concerns.

"Aarthi Beta go and call Siddarth. Tell him to wake up." Grandma said, Aarthi then rushed to their room. "Siddarth wake up !!".

"Aarthi please leave me alone. I'll come in a bit." Siddarth moaned.

"No Siddarth wake up !! Grandma asked me to call you, if you don't come now grandma will come next and you know what will happen next." Aarthi warned Siddarth. As soon as Aarthi said this without a delay Siddarth woke up then stomped to the toilet angrily making Aarthi chuckle.

Soon Aarthi went back downstairs, the room was really silent. No one was speaking to each other. To ease the situation Aarthi started serving the breakfast, even though Naina denied Aarthi persuaded her to have breakfast making the others even more annoyed.
"Aarthi where is Siddarth ?" Naina asked making grandma's face screw up.