Chapter 9

"No way Mr Agarwal ! That's only in your dreams" I blurted out

"Oh then you just wanted to touch me right ? " Siddarth said, making me annoyed and frustrated at the same time.

"I'm not cheap like the other girls who you may have come across !" I shouted and went to the washroom. Little did I know that a smile was curling upon his lips ....

Soon after having our meals Siddarth headed to the couch. "You can sleep on the bed today, I'll take the couch" I said taking into consideration his injury.

I expected him to protest but without protesting much he nodded and took the bed whilst I took the couch. Believe it or not I've never slept on something more uncomfortable, I'd rather sleep on the floor rather than this uncomfortable thing. If I'm finding it this uncomfortable imagine how much of a struggle It will be for Siddarth as he's much larger than me.

// // // Siddarth's POV // // //

Ashok - " Sid me and Rita have planned a meal today at Taj restaurant. Join us today with Aarthi, it can be classed as your mini reception as well. You haven't given a treat to us after your marriage".

Sid - " Nah you guys go ahead. I don't really have the mood ".

Ashok - "Sid you've been making this excuse for ages. I very well know that your free this evening, if I could've I would've avoided Naina at any cost but you know how helpless I am. Just ignore her"

Sid - "more than anyone you know very well that it is not easy for me to avoid Naina."

Ashok - "why ? If your struggling to get over Naina then why marry Aarthi ?"

Sid - "I don't have any feelings for Naina for goodness sake !! All I have towards her is pure hate, the day i caught her cheating on me I cut her out of my life"

Ashok - "Then why are you hesitating to come to the meal. You can ignore her ?"

Sid - "it's just she makes me uncomfortable"

Ashok - I don't care, you can't avoid the meal today. You and Aarthi have to come today !!!!

Sid - "but I don't know if Aarthi will come. Even if she does I'm not comfortable telling people her profession..."

Ashok - "Sid stop being ridiculous. You very well knew that she is a nurse before marriage, if it affected you so much then why did you marry her ?"

Sid -" I only married her for the sake of Ananya, I knew it would be impossible to marry someone with a better background under such a short notice."

Ashok - "your just being ridiculous Sid. Aarthi is one of the sweetest girls I've ever seen and also I don't think her profession is bad, it's a profession that should receive more appreciation. Go home and come for the meal with Aarthi in the evening."

After saying what Ashok said he left my cabin. " I really don't want to go to that event errrrrr" I muttered.

Soon clock ticked 4PM meaning it was time for me to leave, after a quick stretch I stood up from the chair and went home. When I got to my room I noticed Aarthi and Ananya laying on my bed and giggling. They were engrossed in their conversation that they failed to notice me. To let them know that I had reached I faked a cough. Immediately Aarthi and Anu jumped, "Sid when did you come we didn't notice you ?" Ananya said. "Just came" I replied.

Then I looked at Aarthi and said "Aarthi get dressed by 6PM something appropriate for a meal."

She knitted her eyebrows together and frowned. Anu butted in and said "are you two gonna go on a date ?". "No were not Anu, it is a causal meal with my friends/business partners. Ashok arranged it like a reception of me and Aarthi. Are you coming Anu ?" I asked Ananya.