L E M A N S / S H A R I N G

F O X C O O P E R 

The arrival of the two young people at the hotel was one that was long-awaited. Fox left Lando in the car to get the room keys, taking only her handbag with her. At the desk, she smiled at the woman who stared back at her. "Fox, Fox Cooper," she gave her name to the older lady as she awaited the keys. 

Watching the woman, she saw her type furiously on the computer screen before she swirled around on her chair. Fox rolled her eyes to herself before the receptionist turned back to her with two keys and handed them over. "Room 203," she said slowly before she pointed to the door. "Either two flights of stairs or the lift and it's one of the first rooms on the right."

"And the other room?" Fox asked her as she gripped the keys tightly in her hands. 

The woman was confused by her words, "What do you mean, other room?"

"It's meant to be two rooms," Fox frowned as she felt a presence beside her. 

Turning her head, she found herself looking at Lando. "What's taking so long?" He asked as he dumped both bags by his feet. 

"Careful," Fox dropped the keys on the desk before kneeling down to retrieve her bag. Dusting it off, she stood back up and shook her head before revealing why she was still at the reception desk. "There is only one room," she sighed as she hitched her backpack up over her shoulder before crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Me and Alex were originally sharing, we are only offered one room per team." 

Fox narrowed her eyes before she handed the keys to Lando, "Take this room." Turning her head back to the receptionist, Fox smile sweetly. "I would like to book myself a room, please."

The receptionist looked up at young woman, she wondered if the blonde was entitled since she just expected her own room in one of the busiest hotels in Le Mans. "I'm sorry," the dark haired woman said with as much care as she could muster for the young woman. "We are fully booked."

"Come on," Lando put his hand on her arm to direct her away from the desk but Fox stopped and looked down at his hand. 

She looked back up at him with raised eyebrows before he quickly moved his hand. "I'm going to find my father," Fox snapped in a childish voice before she flounced off leaving Lando alone. 

L A N D O N O R R I S

Watching the blonde walk away, Lando rolled his eyes before taking his bag and following the directions the receptionist told him after he asked. Once he entered the room, he dumped his bag down on the bed closest to the door before he fell back on the bed. 

He noticed that Fox was very on and off. Almost bipolar. 

She had been cheery as she arrived in Le Mans but finding out she'd be sharing a hotel room had changed her attitude. Lando wondered what was happening in her mind, she was so young, she should be having fun and not so highly strung. 

A while passed by before Lando jumped when he heard a knock on the door. Getting up, he opened the door to reveal Fox with a furious look on her face. "I guess, I am sharing with you," her voice sounded tired like she was fed up with arguing.

Lando stepped aside, he watched as Fox entered the room and put her bags on the second bed. "I guess this isn't what you are used to," Lando said as he closed the door and returned to his own bed for the night. 

"It's only for the night," Fox shrugged her shoulders as she slipped her shoes off. "I'm only going to sleep here anyway."

He watched her for a moment, her blonde hair shielding her face as she sat at the end of her bed and put one of her bags on the floor. He smiled to himself as she searched through her bag before she pulled out a small black bag. 

As he laid back on the bed, he put his hands behind his head, his eyes staring up at the ceiling. 

"Are you partying tonight?" Fox asked getting his attention. 

He turned his head to look at the young woman, "I might go for a bit. I should get some sleep for the journey tomorrow."

She laid back on her elbows as she made eye contact with the young Formula One driver, he noticed she had a smirk on her lips as she watched him. "Lando Norris," he noticed how playful her voice sounded almost opposite to how she was when she first entered the room. "Apart from the driving, Gumball is all about the parties. I want to see you having fun tonight," she winked at him before she got to her feet. 

He watched her as she approached the window of the hotel room. As she pulled the curtain back, Lando stared out at the incoming night. He was already tired from all the driving today and he knew that tomorrow would be no different. 

"I'll drive tomorrow, if you like," Fox told him as she kept her back to Lando. 

Lando highly doubted she was telling the truth, he knew of her reputation for drinking. "It's okay," Lando was quiet as he spoke. 

Fox turned back to him, a smile on her lips. "Seriously, I can drive tomorrow. You have fun tonight," she told him as she picked up her bags. "I'm going to grab a shower."