F A M I L Y / P L A N S

F O X C O O P E R 

F O X C O O P E R 

The young blonde sat beside Lando as he drove. The silence was comfortable as they both looked ahead but held hands. Her mind was filled with many different scenarios. She hoped that in the long term she might have a happy ending with Lando but her mind didn't allow her to hold out much hope for that. She wondered if she could ever watch him at one of his races, she knew his job was something sacred to him and he wouldn't share that with just anyone. 

"So," Lando said with a grin as Fox glanced at him. "I know you have your mum, your dad and his wife. Do you have any other family?"

Fox raised an eyebrow as she thought about his question. "I'm the oldest, 3 sisters and 1 brother. None of them have the same mother as me," she shrugged her shoulders as she thought about it. "They all share the same mother though, unlike me. I guess our father is the one thing we have in common." She wondered if he had a complicated family like she did, not that he'd mentioned anything. "What about you?"

Lando smiled, she noticed it. When some people thought about their families they couldn't help but smile, she hoped Lando was one of them as she was not. "I have an older brother, Oliver, he's a little bit like me." She noticed how his face lit up as she spoke about his brother. "Then there's Flo and Cisca, both younger than me. I miss them, I don't spend as much time with them as I would like to if I'm honest."

"When you're not working, you don't go to see them?" 

"It's not always easy to do that. I have things I want to do, they have their own lives too. I'm very grateful for the opportunities I have been gifted," he said as he smiled. "My parents have done so much for me, moving and paying for me to learn to kart then helping me get into driving. I have so much to be thankful for and so many reasons to love them."

Fox leaned her head back on the chair, "You sound like you've been very lucky." 

"They have always been there for me, I try to give back when I can. If your dad hadn't have called and asked for me to take you along, I would have taken my brother." Lando shrugged, "I think I would have had a lot of fun with him." Fox watched as Lando glanced at her for a few seconds before smirking. "But I am having much more fun with you," he squeezed her hand. "My brother is great and all that, but trust me, I'd rather be here with you right now."

A smile was all she could manage. Fox had no words but hearing Lando's lovely words made her feel content, more than content, she felt appreciated. This is where she wanted to be, always. Lando had only been in her life for a short while but strangely she felt at home. Looking down at their hands, she felt like she was in some kind of romance film where everything seemed perfect. 

She knew that things didn't last, especially in her life, so she was going to take this moment and enjoy it whilst she could. 

"When Gumball is over, what are you going to do?" Fox asked as she looked back up to see his face. She wanted to know his plans, she wanted to know if there was any chance he saw her in his life post Gumball. 

Lando tilted his head a little, he raised an eyebrow before he spoke, letting her know his answer. "I'll be spending the night at mine before heading to the airport first thing in the morning," he sighed. "I have to get Baku, to race, I'll be missing out on spending time seeing the sights but I'll make in time for all the track stuff."

"Are you disappointed that you'll miss out?" She asked not knowing how to read him. 

He reached across, his hand finding hers as he linked his fingers through hers. "Honestly, no. I've done it every year since I started F1. I am sure missing one year isn't going to make much of a difference." He smiled as he looked at her for a second. "You should come with me."

Fox felt like someone had punched her in the chest taking all the air from her lungs as she grinned to herself since Lando was looking back at the road. "Really? I've never been to Baku. I bet it's amazing there," she started to ramble and talk excitedly. "You'd want me to be there for your race? You'd be happy with me just hanging out there?"

L A N D O N O R R I S

He heard the uncertainty in her voice as she asked questions regarding his last statement. 

"We've spent all this time together, I am sure you can handle another week with me," he joked.

 He wanted her to see how much she was worth, he'd noticed that everytime she seemed happy there seemed to be something to bring her back down. Since nothing was said to trigger this, Lando concluded that it was in her mind. Maybe, she'd had a previous experience where she felt she wasn't goog enough. What he thought he knew about her and her life from the articles was all false. Fox was a young woman who craved love and attention, nothing like the party girl who seemed to have a lot of male friends. He didn't know, but maybe Fox drank and partied so much to make her feel better about herself, he wanted to help her and assure her that she was not alone, but she wasn't one to easily break down those walls. She'd told him a few things, but he wondered how much more she kept a secret. 

"I would love for you to be there waiting for me when my race ends," Lando told her. "All I have to do is ring Zak and sort you a ticket out. VIP pass and you'll get to spend time in my garage."

He squeezed her hand before he stroked his thumb over the back of her hand. 

Fox nodded, he noticed out of the corner of his eye. "I'd like that, I'd like that a lot."

Lando smiled as he thought about what he'd just done. He'd never invited anyone apart from his family to his garage before. Fox was different though, there was something about her that made him want to hold her close to him. 

"Unless you had other plans," Lando was quick to add. He didn't want her to feel like she had to say yes. 

This time, Fox squeezed his hand as she let out a laugh. Lando loved hearing the sound, it was a cute noise which suited her perfectly. "I really want to be there, Lando."

"