C H E R R Y / S L E E P

L A N D O N O R R I S

Hearing those words come from her mouth made Lando run his hands through his tight curls as he looked down at Fox. Taking a leap, he reached forward and put his right hand on her cheek, brushing over her skin, the pad of his thumb gently swiping over her cheekbone. Their bodies were close to each other since Lando had stepped forward and closed the gap a little more. "Fox," he breathed as he kept eye contact with her. "This is dangerous territory," he warned her as he moved his face closer to hers. The space between their lips was tiny, millimetres, she could feel his breath on her skin. 

"So, you like me too?" She asked him in a whisper as her eyes flickered between his eyes and his lips. 

He watched her, his eyes registering her eye movements before he looked down at her own lips. They were so beautiful to look at, so plump and from what he remembered of their kiss, delicious to taste. Choosing not to speak, Lando decided to answer by placing his lips against hers. His hand on her cheek only served as a way for him to be closer to her. She was all he could taste, like a mixture of cherries from the balm on her lips. He wanted nothing more than to devour every inch of her, he wanted to see if cherry was her natural taste. 

Her hands pulled on his top keeping him close to her. He loved the way she had a certain spell over her, the way she could just touch him and it made him weak. She was perfectly fucked up but it all added to her allure.

Pulling away from her, Lando kept his hand on her face as they looked at each other, foreheads leaned against each other. "So, what does this mean?" He asked the question trying to sound casual as he asked. 

There was a pause, Lando worried that he'd asked the wrong thing but a smile crept over the lips of the beautiful woman before him. "What do you want it to mean? We can let it mean whatever you want it to," she spoke in a quiet voice. 

Lando stepped back letting go of her as he covered his mouth and yawned. "I'm sorry," he apologized to her quickly as he let out a small laugh. "I'm so tired."

"Oh my God," Fox's eyes went wide as she took the keys from Lando. "You must be shattered, I'm so sorry." She grinned as she rubbed his arm. 

His eyes travelled down to where she had touched, the tingles rushing through his arms. "It's okay," he told her as she looked at him. 

"Come on," she walked around and to the driver's seat. "I think it's time you got some sleep." 

They both got into the car, Lando looked at her as he belted up. "Don't let me sleep too long," he closed his eyes as Fox started the car. She glanced at him, a slight smile on her face as he seemed to almost look like he had fallen asleep instantly. 

F O X C O O P E R 

F O X C O O P E R 

The drive was long but it didn't matter. Fox listened to her music on a low volume, a smile on her face as she thought about what she and Lando had discussed. Maybe they could be together, maybe they could be a couple, maybe life could be good to them, at least Fox hoped so. She drove stupidly fast, her lips in a wide smile as she did. The rush that she felt was something that she loved. Everything seemed almost perfect. 

As time ticked by, she finally decided it was time to wake Lando as the afternoon dragged in. "Lando," she spoke from next to him as she drove fast. Her hand reached out and gave him a shove on the shoulder, "Lando."

"I didn't do it! I didn't fa-" He sat up straight, cutting himself off as he looked at her and let out a small laugh. "Sorry, I thought you were someone else." Lando chuckled as he looked at the blonde. "I was having flashbacks to when I was in Germany."

"What happened?" She asked as she looked at him before looking back to the road.

He let out a sound before sighing. "You don't wanna hear it. It's just something stupid." Fox kept her eyes forward, she felt his hand reach over and touch hers which rested on her knee. "Okay, okay," he said as she let her eyes wander to him for a moment, a gleam in her eyes before paying attention to the road again. "So, I ended up stuck in Germany after missing my flight. Sebastian was kind enough to let me stay at his," he told the woman as he looked forward to the road. Fox smiled as she looked at his profile, his eyes were forward trying not to look at her as she watched him. "You know what," Lando shook his head which Fox caught out the corner of her eye. "It doesn't matter, it's not even funny."

Fox wondered what happened but from the way he stopped the story, she was sure he wasn't going to tell her. "No, come on," she tried to get him to open up to her. "I wanna hear it."

"Okay," he spoke as she smiled. "But I have to warn you, you won't ever think the same of me again."

Her insides turned a little as she listened to his voice. She didn't even care. These few days had shown the young woman a new way of life. Lando had shown her there was more than the parties, the endless feeling of nothing that she was used to. Even just hearing little stories which meant nothing but everything to him was enough to warm her heart. 

"So, there we was travelling in his car..."